This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Anumolu Sushanth, known mononymously as Sushanth, is an Indian film actor known for his works in Telugu cinema. He is the grandson of veteran actor Dr. Akkineni Nageswara Rao and the nephew of actor Akkineni Nagarjuna. He is the cousin of actors Sumanth, Naga Chaitanya and Akkineni Akhil. His paternal grandfather, A.V. Subba Rao, also belonged to the film fraternity and had produced over 25 films in the 1970s and 1980s under the banner of Prasad Art Pictures.
|Family||See Daggubati–Akkineni family|
Sushanth was brought up in Hyderabad. He is the son of Anumolu Satya Bhushana Rao and Naga Susheela Akkineni. He completed his schooling from Hyderabad Public School and his intermediate from Gautami Junior College. Sushanth finished his B.S in Electrical Engineering from University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. He worked at United Technologies, Inc. as an Electrical Engineer before returning to India to pursue acting. He attended the Kreating Charakters Training school in Mumbai for a short course in acting along with his cousin Naga Chaitanya.
Sushanth started his movie career with Kalidasu in 2008. The film was produced by Srinivas Chinthalapudi and Naga Susheela under the banner of Sri Nag Corporation. It was presented by Annapurna Studios. In this film, Sushanth was paired with Tamannaah and the film was directed by debutant G. Ravicharan Reddy.
His next film was a love story, Current, released in 2009. The music of the film was composed by Devi Sri Prasad and was a big hit. The film was directed by debutant Surya Pratap and starred Bollywood actress Sneha Ullal. In both films, Sushanth received praise for his dancing and fighting skills.
Sushanth's third film, Adda, was a commercial entertainer. The director of the film was G. Karthik Reddy and music was composed by Anoop Rubens. Shanvi, who debuted with film Lovely, was his co-star. The first look of the movie was released by superstar Nagarjuna on 18 March 2013. The film's title song was performed on 7 April 2013 during an IPL match in Hyderabad and the promotional video was launched thereafter. With high expectations, Adda was released and did not do well at box-office. However, Sushanth's acting skills earned praise. Amid high expectation, his latest movie Chi..La..Sou.. released on 2 August 2018 and was declared a run away hit. Sushanth was praised for much improved performance. In the year 2019, he acted in director Trivikram srinivas' Ala vaikunthapurramuloo which hit the box office tremendously.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2015||Dongaata||Himself||Special appearances in song "Break Up Antu"|
|2018||Chi La Sow||Arjun|
|2020||Ala Vaikunthapurramuloo||Raj Manohar|
|2020||Ichata Vahanamulu Niluparadhu||TBA|
- "Sushanth interview - Telugu Cinema interview - Telugu film actor". www.idlebrain.com. Archived from the original on 9 July 2010. Retrieved 18 December 2010.
- "Telugu Actor Sushanth Parties in his favorite 'ADDA' for his birthday with Dr. ANR and Actor Nagarjuna - Telugu cinema news". www.idlebrain.com. Archived from the original on 6 August 2013. Retrieved 4 June 2013.
- "Actor Sushant & Baba Sehgal Performs ADDA title song Live at IPL Match - Telugu cinema news". www.idlebrain.com. Archived from the original on 11 May 2013. Retrieved 4 June 2013.
- "Kalidasu. Kalidasu Movie Cast & Crew". Bharatmovies.com. 11 April 2008. Archived from the original on 16 August 2016. Retrieved 30 September 2012. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Star studded audio launch of 'Current' - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "'Aatadukundam Raa' movie review by audience - live update". Ibtimes. Archived from the original on 6 March 2019. Retrieved 3 March 2019.