Susan B. Glasser (born January 14, 1969) is an American journalist and news editor. She writes the column "Letter from Trump’s Washington" in The New Yorker, where she is a staff writer. She has previously served as editor of Politico during the 2016 election cycle, founding editor of Politico Magazine, and editor-in-chief of Foreign Policy magazine, which won three National Magazine Awards during her tenure. Before joining Foreign Policy, Glasser spent a decade at the Washington Post, where she edited the Post's Sunday Outlook and national news sections, helped oversee coverage of Bill Clinton's impeachment, covered the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and served as Moscow co-bureau chief.
Glasser in 2015
Susan B. Glasser
January 14, 1969
Montclair, New Jersey, U.S.
|Alma mater||Harvard University|
She is the author, with her husband Peter Baker, of Kremlin Rising: Vladimir Putin's Russia and the End of Revolution (2005) and The Man Who Ran Washington: The Life and Times of James A. Baker III (May 2020). They are also writing a book on the Trump presidency and impeachment.
Glasser is the daughter of Lynn (née Schreiber) and Stephen Glasser (of Jewish ancestry). Her parents are the founders of a weekly legal newspaper, Legal Times, and a legal and business publishing company, Glasser Legal Works. Her grandfather, Melvin Glasser, supervised the field trials for the polio vaccine. Glasser graduated cum laude from Harvard University, where she wrote for The Harvard Crimson.
- "The Trump White House's war within". The Global Politico. Politico Magazine. July 24, 2017.
- Letter from Trump's Washington columns from newyorker.com
- "Crazytown : a Bob Woodward book, an anonymous New York Times op-ed, and a growing crisis for the Trump Presidency : the Republican 'resistance' goes public (sort of), and everyone freaks out". The New Yorker. September 6, 2018.
- "Putin the Great: Russia's Imperial Imposter". Foreign Affairs. Council on Foreign Relations. September 1, 2019.
- "The Trump White House's War Within". politico.com. 2017-07-24. Retrieved 2017-07-28.
- "WEDDINGS; Susan Glasser, Peter Baker". The New York Times. 2000-09-10. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
- "Miss Lynn Schreiber and Stephen Andrew Glasser were wed. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Alexander Paul Schreiber. The bridegroom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Melvin A. Glasser". The Daily Mail from Hagerstown, Maryland. December 31, 1965.
- "Lynn S. Glasser + Stephen A. Glasser". Sandpiper Partners LLC. Retrieved January 20, 2018.
- Marcus, Ruth (May 28, 1986). "Legal Times Sold To Editor of American Lawyer". Washington Post.
- Saxon, Wolfgang (March 17, 1995). "Melvin Glasser, 79, Supervisor Of Field Trials of Salk Vaccine". New York Times.
- "Melvin A. Glasser (1915 - 1995)". National Association of Social Workers Foundation. Retrieved January 18, 2018.
- Schudel, Matt (February 3, 2008). "Esther K. Glasser Social Worker". Washington Post.
- "Susan B. Glasser". The Harvard Crimson. Retrieved December 8, 2019.
- "Will Peter Baker be NY Times next Jerusalem bureau chief? | Jewish Telegraphic Agency". Jta.org. 2015-11-19. Retrieved 2017-07-07.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Susan Glasser.|