Survata is a brand intelligence research company based in San Francisco, California. It operates a network of "SurveyWalls", short surveys that run on its affiliate sites that must be completed to access the content of that website, a function comparable to Google Surveys.
Survata was founded by Chris Kelly, former McKinsey consultant and Matrix Partners analyst who started the company in response to the difficulty he had as a buyer of market research. Survata was a member of the Summer 2012 Y Combinator class.
In June 2013, they raised a $1.5 million seed round from PivotNorth Capital and SoftTech VC, and in June 2015 Survata raised an additional $6 million in a Series A round led by IDG Ventures, with participation from Bloomberg Beta, previous investors SoftTech and PivotNorth, and angel investors such as Alexis Ohanian, Garry Tan, and Tom Patterson. 
In 2016, Survata began partnering with data management platforms such as Krux Data, allowing advertisers to interview consumers prior to the launch of ad campaigns targeting the Krux segments that advertisers plan to run their campaigns against. In 2017, they partnered with the leading independent data management platform, Lotame, and announced Segment Validation.  Advertisers can use Survata with their data management platforms to create their own segments, validate existing segments, and conduct ad effectiveness studies.
In 2018, Survata announced $14 million in Series B funding lead by Conductive Ventures.
- Robert J. Moore. "The Orange Underpants Logo and the Value of Testing". New York Times, 5/13/2004.
- Chris Velazco. "YC-Backed Survata Wants To Replace Paywalls With Research-Friendly 'Surveywalls'". Tech Crunch, 8/20/2012.
- Dominique Romanowski. "Comparing Online Consumer Surveys: Survata vs Google Consumer Surveys". MMR Strategy Group, 8/29/2012.
- Yuliya Chernova. "Y Combinator Grad Survata Looks to Take a Bite Out of Online Research Market". Dow Jones VentureWire, 6/4/2013.
- Loizos, Connie. "Survata Surveys Investors, Raises $6 Million Series A". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2015-07-20.
- Anthony Ha. "Survata, VidIQ, And Five Other Startups Take The Stage At Founders Den Demo Night". Tech Crunch, 3/19/2013.
- "Survata Announces $6 Million in Series A Funding". www.survata.com. Retrieved 2015-07-20.
- "These 2 Tech Companies Are Combining Market Research With Programmatic Ads Krux and Survata offer data fluidity". adweek.com. AdWeek. 27 May 2016. Retrieved 23 January 2017.
- "An Ad-Tech Firm and a Survey Player Want to Improve Programmatic Buying by Pre-Screening Audiences". adweek.com. AdWeek. 16 May 2017. Retrieved 16 May 2017.
- "The Daily Startup: Survata to Take a Bite Out of Online-Research Market". The Wall Street Journal. June 4, 2013. Retrieved 24 May 2014.