Sureshkumar Bhikamchand Jain, also known as Sureshdada Jain, is an Indian politician from Jalgaon in Maharashtra. He changed his party affiliation a number of times in his political career and has been elected to the Maharashtra Vidhan Sabha for a record nine times.
|Member of Legislative Assembly of Maharashtra|
|Cabinet Minister, Maharashtra State Government|
|Political party||Shiv Sena|
Jain was elected from Jalgaon constituency in 1980 as an Indian National Congress (Indira) candidate, in 1985 as an Indian Congress (Socialist) candidate, in 1990 as an Indian Congress (Socialist) – Sarat Chandra Sinha candidate, in 1995 as an Indian National Congress candidate, in 1999 as a Shiv Sena candidate, in 2004, as a Nationalist Congress Party candidate and in 2009, he was elected from Jalgaon City constituency as a Shiv Sena candidate.
Jalgaon Housing ScamEdit
- 1980: Elected to Maharashtra Legislative Assembly
- 1985: Elected to Maharashtra Legislative Assembly
- 1990: Elected to Maharashtra Legislative Assemblybam
- 1995: Elected to Maharashtra Legislative Assembly
- 1995: Cabinet Minister, Maharashtra State Government
- 1999: Elected to Maharashtra Legislative Assembly
- 2004: Elected to Maharashtra Legislative Assembly
- 2009: Elected to Maharashtra Legislative Assembly
- Marpakwar, Prafulla (6 October 2009). "Musical seats: Will this neta win nine times in a row?". The Times of India.
- "नाथाभाऊंची इच्छा होती कि सुरेशदादा मुख्यमंत्री झाले पाहिजे". Jalgaon Live News (in Marathi). 12 March 2021. Retrieved 20 March 2021.
- "Jalgaon housing scam: State govt yet to grant sanction to hold trial". Hindustan Times. 19 June 2012. Retrieved 1 March 2021.
- "Two former Maharashtra ministers convicted in Rs 110-crore Jalgaon housing scam case". The Economic Times. Retrieved 1 March 2021.
- "Sitting and previous MLAs from Jalgaon City Assembly Constituency".