The Super Hakuto (スーパーはくと) is a limited express train service in Japan operated by the third-sector railway operator Chizu Express and West Japan Railway Company (JR West), which runs between Kyoto and Kurayoshi in Tottori Prefecture at a maximum speed of 130 km/h (81 mph).
A HOT7000 series DMU on a Super Hakuto service, April 2010
|Service type||Limited express|
|Locale||Tokaido Main Line, Sanyo Main Line, Chizu Express Chizu Line, Inbi Line, Sanin Main Line|
|First service||3 December 1994|
|Current operator(s)||Chizu Express, JR West|
|Distance travelled||254.0 km (157.8 mi) (Kyoto - Tottori) |
293.2 km (182.2 mi) (Kyoto - Kurayoshi)
|Average journey time||3 hours - 3 hours 30 minutes|
|Service frequency||7 return workings daily|
|Class(es)||Standard + Green|
|Other facilities||Toilet, smoking room|
|Rolling stock||HOT7000 series DMUs|
|Track gauge||1,067 mm (3 ft 6 in)|
|Operating speed||130 km/h (81 mph)|
|Track owner(s)||JR West, Chizu Express|
Trains stop at the following stations:
Stations in brackets () are stations where not all trains stop at.
- Only Super Hakuto no 13 stops at Kōbe, Nishi-Akashi, and Kakogawa
- Only Super Hakuto nos 1 and 3 stop at Aioi
- Super Hakuto nos 9 and 13 terminate at Tottori
- HOT7000 series tilting DMUs (since 3 December 1994)
- KiHa 181 series DMUs (3 December 1994 - November 1997)
|Facilities||Smoking room||Toilet||Universal access toilet||Toilet||Smoking room|
- Car 5 is sometimes replaced by a HOT7020 car with a gangwayed cab end.
Super Hakuto services commenced on 3 December 1994. Initially, Hakuto services using JR West KiHa 181 series DMUs were also operated over the same route, but these were discontinued from November 1997, from which date all six return services daily became Super Hakuto operating at a maximum speed of 130 km/h.
All cars were made non-smoking from 1 June 2008, from which time smoking rooms were added to cars 1 and 5.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Super Hakuto.|
- Chizu Express Super Hakuto (in Japanese)
- JR West Super Hakuto HOT7000 series train information (in Japanese)