Sunny Fong (born April 27, 1976) is a Canadian fashion designer who owns VAWK, a clothing brand. He lives in Toronto, Ontario. In 2009, he won the second season of Project Runway Canada. His collection from this competition was showcased at LG Fashion Week. In both 2009 and 2010, Fong began the showings of his collections before the official start of LG Fashion Week, showcasing his work at Walker Court of the Art Gallery of Ontario. His 2011 spring/summer collection combined the themes of bullfighting and safari. Urban culture and Malayan mountaineering were the themes of his 2011 fall/winter collection. This collection was showcased at LG Fashion Week, in contrast to Fong's previous few seasons' off-site showings. At the following year's LG Fashion Week, Fong's spring/summer 2012 collection featured monokinis that critics from The London Free Press called "even a bit tough for the models to pull off, much less mere mortals." During the final fashion show of that October's LG Fashion Week, Fong had a model appear wearing a gold bullet bra as Madonna's "Justify My Love" played.
Fong talking to reporters during Fall Winter 2010 Toronto Fashion Week
|Awards||Project Runway Canada season 2 winner|
- "Instagram post by Sunny Fong • Apr 27, 2016 at 5:01am UTC". Instagram. Retrieved 2017-12-08.
- Mark Grzeskowiak, ed. (2008). Toronto & Niagara Colourguide. James Lorimer & Company. p. 88. ISBN 0887807607.
- Derick Chetty (September 29, 2010). "The camel coat: A fashion icon and fall's coveted cover-up". Toronto Star. Retrieved June 1, 2013.
- "Sunny shines brightest on Project Runway Canada". Winnipeg Free Press. April 16, 2009. Retrieved June 1, 2013.
- Heather Toskan (March 23, 2011). "Vawk loosens up for fall". Calgary Sun. Retrieved June 1, 2013.
- Rebecca Zamon (October 18, 2011). "Reading between the skins". The London Free Press. Retrieved June 1, 2013.
- Keith Beaty (October 19, 2010). "Sunny Fong deftly merges Spain with safari". Toronto Star. Retrieved June 1, 2013.
- "Mountaineer meets city girl at Sunny Fong's Vawk". Toronto Star. April 1, 2011. Retrieved June 1, 2013.
- "Vawk's fashion reaches new heights". The London Free Press. March 28, 2011. Retrieved June 1, 2013.
- Rebecca Zamon; Kate Kennedy (March 7, 2012). "A delicate evolution". The London Free Press. Retrieved June 1, 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sunny Fong.|