This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. (August 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Sunil Singh is an Indian politician and a member of the West Bengal Legislative Assembly from Noapara in West Bengal, a seat which he won in February 2018 as an All India Trinamool Congress candidate. He is also chairman of the Garulia Municipality. He joined the Bharatiya Janta Party in June 2019.
At mass marriage ceremony organized by him
|Member of the West Bengal Legislative Assembly|
|Assumed office |
February 1, 2018
|Preceded by||Madhsudhan Ghosh|
|Chairman of Garulia Municipality|
2010 – Incumbent
|Born||1967/1968 (age 51–52)|
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party (2019–present)|
|All India Trinamool Congress (2009–2019) |
Indian National Congress (1995–2009)
|Residence||Garulia, North 24 Parganas, West Bengal|
He represents the Noapara Vidhan Sabha constituency which he won in 2018 as a All India Trinamool Congress (AITC) candidate. He was a member of AITC from 2009 to 2019. Before that he was in the Indian National Congress from 1995 to 2009. Singh joined Bharatiya Janata Party on 17 June 2019.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (August 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Singh started a new bus route from Shyamnagar to Howrah via Sealdah, He also contributed many light poles in his Assembly area. On his father's death anniversary, he held multiple social programs by giving scholarships to poor children, distributing blankets and establishing a blood donation camp in Garulia under Noapara.
On January 27, 2019 Singh hosted a mass marriage ceremony for the poor including 15 couples of different backgrounds including Bengali, Hindi and Muslim.
He gave 32 items to the participating couples, including gold ornaments, copper utensils, wardrobes including all the ingredients required for their marriages. He also arranged food services for his constituency residents during the event.[better source needed]
Three state ministers, Shashi Panja, Chandrima Bhattacharya and Ratna Ghosh Kar were present at the ceremony. West Bengal government chief whip Nirmal Ghosh, President of Trinmoool Youth Congress for North 24 Parganas and MLA of Naihati, Partha Bhowmick were also present.
Sunil Singh With Chandrima Bhattacharya Minister of State for Law and Health in Govt. of West Bengal at mass marriage ceremony held by him.
Sunil Singh With Shashi Panja Minister of State Social Welfare at Govt. of West Bengal giving prizes to children
Sunil Singh giving gold ornaments at his mass marriage ceremony with MP Dinesh Trivedi
Sunil Singh with Partha Bhowmick at his mass marriage ceremony.
- "Sunil Singh(All India Trinamool Congress(AITC)):Constituency- NOAPARA : BYE ELECTION ON 29-01-2018(NORTH 24 PARGANAS) - Affidavit Information of Candidate:". Myneta.info. Retrieved 1 February 2019.
- "TMC legislator, 16 councillors join BJP". India Today.
- "West Bengal bypolls 2018: Trinamool Congress leader Sunil Singh wins Noapara". India Today.
- "Trinamool wins Uluberia and Noapara bypolls; BJP comes second". The Times of India. Retrieved 1 February 2019.
- "West Bengal Noapara by-election: Who is Sunil Singh, TMC candidate who thrashed BJP, CPI(M)". Financialexpress.com. 1 February 2018. Retrieved 1 February 2019.
- "Garulia Municipality". Barrackpore.gov.in. Retrieved 1 February 2019.
- "In setback to Mamata, Trinamool MLA, 11 councillors switch to BJP". Hindustan Times. 17 June 2019.
- "TMC Nowpara MLA Sunil Singh, 12 councillors join BJP". 17 June 2019.
- "Neither TMC leaders nor Mamata care about West Bengal's people, says MLA Sunil Singh as he, 12 others join BJP | India News". www.timesnownews.com.
- "TMC MLA Sunil Singh along with 12 councillors join BJP". DNA India. 17 June 2019.
- "ArticleDetailsData - My ASP.NET Application". m.bangla.eenaduindia.com.
- desk, kolkata24x7 online (27 January 2019). "পিতা হয়ে একসঙ্গে ১৫ কন্যার বিয়ে দিচ্ছেন মমতার বিধায়ক".
- Kolkata, Web News (26 January 2019). "সুনীল সিংয়ের উদ্যোগে সাম্প্রদায়িক সম্প্রীতির নজির গড়ে গণ বিবাহের আসর নোয়াপাড়ায় ।".