Sunday Noontime Live!
Sunday Noontime Live! was a Philippine musical variety show broadcast on TV5 which premiered on October 18, 2020. Sunday Noontime Live! was presented by a lineup of ABS-CBN, Star Magic and Cornerstone Entertainment talents led by Piolo Pascual, Maja Salvador, Catriona Gray, Donny Pangilinan, Ricci Rivero and Jake Ejercito.
|Sunday Noontime Live!|
|Also known as||SNL |
Live at Five: Sunday Ultimate Party (original working title)
|Created by||Albee Benitez|
|Developed by||Brightlight Productions |
|Directed by||Johnny Manahan|
|Presented by||Piolo Pascual|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Original languages||Filipino (primary) |
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||14|
|Executive producer||Robert P. Galang|
|Production locations||Studio 72, #72 Kalayaan Ave., Diliman, Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||120 minutes (with commercials)|
|Production companies||Brightlight Productions|
Cornerstone (CS) Studios
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||October 18, 2020 –|
January 17, 2021
|Preceded by||Happy Truck HAPPinas|
|Followed by||ASAP Natin 'To|
The program, which airs on the network's Sunday afternoon block at 12 noon preceding I Got You, is produced by Brightlight Productions under producer Albee Benitez in cooperation with Cignal Entertainment, the programming affiliate of TV5 and line produced by Cornerstone Studios. Veteran television director and former Star Magic head Johnny Manahan takes the helm as director, following his longtime stint directing the longest-running Sunday variety show ASAP for over 25 years.
Sunday Noontime Live! marks the return of a Sunday musical variety show on TV5 after more than four years since the end of Happy Truck ng Bayan and a decade after the launch of the pioneering P.O.5. However, unlike the other two shows, Sunday Noontime Live! was not produced by TV5 and only aired on the network through a blocktime agreement.
The show aired every Sundays at 12:00 PM Philippine Standard Time.
Owing to safety precautions against the COVID-19 pandemic in the Philippines, the show entailed a 1-week lock-in taping with a no audience set-up to produce a month worth of episodes, with only the episode during the lock-in setup being staged live from Studio 72 itself.
However, the November 15, 2020 episode was unable to broadcast due to technical difficulties, instead a replay of the second episode (#SNLAllOverTheWorld) was aired instead.
- Beauty Gonzalez
- Bugoy Drilon
- Claire Ruiz
- Daryl Ong
- Dimples Romana
- Fatima Louise Lagueras
- Jane Oineza
- Jerome Ponce
- Ken San Jose
- Kokoy de Santos
- Maris Racal
- Niel Murillo
- Ricci Rivero (elevated to main host)
- RK Bagatsing
- Sam Mangubat
- Sassa Dagdag
- The Juans
- Ashley Colet
- Charles Kieron
- Claudia Barretto
- Janina Vela
- KD Estrada*
- Renee Dominique
- Katrina Velarde
- Jayda Avanzado
- Jason Marvin Hernandez*
- Donny Pangilinan (Phase 1–Phase 3, left due to projects in ABS-CBN)
Sunday Noontime Live! BandEdit
- Rey Cantong - Musical Director, Guitarist & Vocalist
- Cookie Taylo - Bass
- Tag-Chariz Duque Cantong - Drums
- Elijah Glenn De Vera - Keyboards
- Kaye Cantong - Vocalist
- Ultimate Vocal Showdown
Ultimate Vocal ShowdownEdit
A group composed of Zephanie, Fatima Louise Lagueras a.k.a Fana, Sassa Dagdag, Sam Mangubat and Niel Murillo of BoybandPH, this segment showcases the 5 aforementioned singers singing the hits of one specific artist.
A segment where the hosts sing a single OPM song, this segment is always the last segment for each episode.
A segment where various artists perform a dance production number.
A segment where various Sunday Noontime Live! artists perform the songs of a specific OPM artist/band.
- Anarcon, James Patrick. "Who will join Piolo Pascual in upcoming TV5 variety show?". PEP.ph. Philippine Entertainment Portal, Inc. Retrieved October 12, 2020.
- Anarcon, James Patrick. "Korina Sanchez, Piolo Pascual, Alex Gonzaga to appear in TV5 blocktime shows". PEP.ph. Philippine Entertainment Portal, Inc. Retrieved October 12, 2020.
- Lo, Ricky. "Albee Benitez: Stop the network war!". PhilStar Global. Philippine Star Printing Co., Inc. Retrieved October 12, 2020.
- "SNL aired a replay for November 15".
- "'Sunday Noontime Live,' 'Sunday Kada' to air season enders mid-January". Rappler. Retrieved January 17, 2021.
- Troika, PEP (October 20, 2020). "SNL, inabangan kung magiging ASAP copycat; Kumusta ang ratings ng TV5 shows?" [SNL, looking forward in becoming ASAP copycat; How's the ratings of TV5 shows?] (in Filipino). Retrieved October 20, 2020.