Sundaram Finance Limited is an Indian financial and investment service provider, based in Chennai. The company offers consumer loans, wealth management, commercial finance, investment banking, private equity, treasury advisory, credit cards and infrastructure finance, among others.
|NSE: SUNDARMFIN |
|T. T. Srinivasaraghavan, (Managing Director & CEO)|
|Products||Mutual funds, Mortgage loans, Insurance, SME finance|
|Revenue||₹4,722 crore (US$660 million) (2020)|
|₹3,443 crore (US$480 million) (2020)|
|₹805 crore (US$110 million) (2020)|
|Total assets||₹44,720 crore (US$6.3 billion) (2020)|
Sundaram Finance Limited was established in 1954. The company is registered with the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) as a Systematically Important Deposit Accepting Non-Banking Financial Company. As of December 2017, the company has a market capitalisation of ₹26,000 crore and operates through more than 640 branches across the country.
Subsidiaries and joint ventureEdit
The company has six subsidiaries and manages assets worth ₹69 billion (US$970 million) and has over 4,000 employees as of March 2017. Through various subsidiaries, the group is in the business of life insurance, asset management, private equity, corporate finance, structured finance, insurance broking, wealth management, equity broking, currency broking, commodity broking, financial advisory services, housing finance, pension fund management and health insurance.
In 2017–18, Sundaram Finance demerged its non-financial investments in automotive and manufacturing businesses into a separate company called Sundaram Finance Holdings Limited (SFHL). SFHL holds minority stakes in a number of TVS Group companies including Sundaram Clayton, Turbo Energy, Wheels India, Brakes India and Axles India.
The six subsidiaries of Sundaram Finance are:
- Sundaram Finance Holdings
- Sundaram Home Finance (formerly Sundaram BNP Paribas Home Finance)
- Sundaram Asset Management Company
- Sundaram Fund Services
- Sundaram Trustee Company
- LGF Services
- "About CEO"
- "Sundram Finance Ltd. Financial Statements". moneycontrol.com.
- "Sundaram Finance spurts 8% post Q1 numbers". The Economic Times. 27 August 2018. Retrieved 6 November 2018.
- "NBFC in India | Home Equity Loans | Vehicle Loans | Chola". Retrieved 6 November 2018.
- Dave, Neha (18 September 2018). "Sundaram Finance: A steady performer, buy". Moneycontrol. Retrieved 15 July 2020.
- "Sundaram Finance prefers to be circumspect even as truck sales soar". @businessline. Retrieved 6 November 2018.
- "Company Overview of Sundaram Finance Limited". bloomberg.com.
- "A steady performer"
- "Sundaram Finance Holdings Ltd Q1 Net Profit at Rs. 20.01crores". The Hindu. 28 August 2018. Retrieved 15 July 2020.
SFHL is the holding company for all non-financial services investments of the Sundaram Finance Group
- "Sundaram Finance to demerge non—financial service biz". The Hindu. 17 February 2017. Retrieved 11 April 2021.
- "Sundaram Finance Holdings Limited - 26th Annual Report 2019-20" (PDF). www.sundaramholdings.in. Retrieved 11 April 2021.
- "Sundaram Finance Limited - 67th Annual Report 2019-20" (PDF). sundaramfinance.in. Retrieved 11 April 2021.
- "Sundaram Finance to buy out BNP in JV". The Hindu. 20 June 2019. Retrieved 11 April 2021.
- Jagannathan, K. t (22 February 2019). "Royal Sundaram becomes a JV again". The Hindu. Retrieved 11 April 2021.