The Summerlin Hospital Medical Center is a private, for-profit hospital owned by Universal Health Services and operated by the Valley Health System. It is located in the Summerlin neighborhood of Las Vegas, Nevada.
|Summerlin Hospital Medical Center|
|Universal Health Services|
Valley Health System
Summerlin Hospital, viewed from Town Center Drive
|Location||657 North Town Center Drive|
Summerlin, Clark County, Nevada, U.S.
|Network||Universal Health Services|
Valley Health System
|Helipad||FAA LID: 0NV1|
|Founded||October 16, 1997|
As of 2018, the Summerlin Hospital offers 485 beds with private rooms. It is an accredited Chest Pain Center and Primary Stroke Center. The 40-acre campus also includes two medical office towers that provide a variety of outpatient services.
The Summerlin Hospital Medical Center opened on October 16, 1997. With an initial investment of $80 million, the brand new hospital would include 148 beds, all located in private rooms, and would offer Southern Nevada's first and only hospital-based cancer treatment facility.
- October 1997: Summerlin Hospital Medical Center opens with 148 beds. Vacant space was included in the hospital's design for future expansion.
- December 1999: A new wing for the hospital's intensive care unit opens, as a part of a $1.5 million expansion. The need to expand the hospital came three years earlier than initially expected.
- June 2005: A four-bed pediatric emergency department opens.
- May 2008: A new emergency room opens as part of the second phase of a $100 million expansion project.
- June 25, 2008: The hospital breaks ground on the third and final phase of its expansion project. The final phase consists of a six-story patient facility, adding 180 rooms for a new total of 480. A new medical office building, located near the property's northeast corner, was also under development, with a scheduled opening in fall 2008.
- December 2009: Completion of the expansion project, which includes an expanded hospital with over 480 beds, an expanded Emergency Department, an expanded Labor and Delivery unit, a brand new Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, a second medical office building, and a new parking garage.
The Summerlin Hospital Medical Center offers a comprehensive range of health care services, including:
- The Advanced Primary Stroke Center
- The Breast Care Center
- The Cancer Center
- CentRx Pharmacy
- The Children's Medical Center
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Pediatric Emergency Room
- Pediatric Therapy Center
- Ear, Nose and Throat
- Emergency Medicine
- The Heart Center
- Advanced Electrophysiology Lab
- The Chest Pain Center
- The Open Heart Program
- The Birthplace at Summerlin Hospital
- Outpatient Services
- Palliative Care
- Respiratory Therapy
- The Sleep Study Center
- Social Services
- The Robotic Surgery Institute
- The Women's Health Center
- Wound Care
- "About the Hospital". Summerlin Hospital. Retrieved 2018-05-10.
- Puppel, Doug (October 17, 1997). "Desert Springs, Valley strike deal". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Archived from the original on September 18, 2000. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Hospital growing by leaps and bounds". Las Vegas Sun. December 31, 1999. Retrieved May 18, 2017.
- Hogan, Jan (July 15, 2008). "Tower to add 180 rooms at Summerlin Hospital". Summerlin View. Archived from the original on August 4, 2008.
- "Summerlin hospital expands". Las Vegas Review-Journal. July 12, 2008. Archived from the original on June 8, 2011.
- Jan, Hogan (November 13, 2012). "Summerlin Hospital marks 15 years". Las Vegas Review-Journal. Retrieved August 15, 2019.
- [dead link]