Sultan Mahmud (officer)
Air Vice Marshal (retd.) Sultan Mahmud, Bir Uttom is a former chief of Bangladesh Air Force. He is former Deputy chief martial law administrator. He is a former Industries Minister. He received the Independence Day Award from the Government of Bangladesh in 2018.
|Service/||Bangladesh Air Force|
|Rank||Air Vice Marshal|
Independence Day Award (2018)
He was the chief of Bangladesh Air Force from 23 July 1981 to 22 July 1987. In 24 March 1982 he was appointed Deputy chief martial law administrator by President Hussain Mohammad Ershad. He was placed in charge of the Ministry of Industries. He was charged in corruption cases after the government of President Hussain Mohammad Ershad relinquished power.
- "Ershad wanted to grab power after Zia killing". The Daily Star. 3 May 2014. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- Service, United States Foreign Broadcast Information (1985). Daily Report: People's Republic of China. National Technical Information Service. p. 85. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- Lal, Shiv (1988). Election Archives and International Politics. Shiv Lal. p. 156. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- "2 more named for Independence Award". The Daily Star. 20 March 2018. Retrieved 29 August 2018.
- "Ershad's takeover also illegal". The Daily Star. 27 August 2010. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- Lal, Shiv (1989). Polities in South Asia: Afghanistan ; Bangladesh. Election Archives. p. 165. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- "Ershad trial deadline Mar 31". The Financial Express. Dhaka. Retrieved 25 November 2016.