Sulabha Arya is a Hindi and Marathi film, television and stage actress. Sulbha is another variation for the same name. She is the wife of late veteran Indian cinematographer Ishan Arya and mother of cinematographer Sameer Arya and actor Sagar Arya. She is best known for her role of Shanti Masi in Sasural Genda Phool. She also acted as Lakshmamma in Shyam Benegal's Amaravati ki Kathayein
|Other names||Sulbha Arya|
|Known for||Character actor|
Arya was part of the Indian television industry's first sitcom, Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi, aired in 1984. She played the role of Kanta Ben in the 2003 dramedy film Kal Ho Naa Ho. She played the role of the mother in law in television series, Yes Boss on SAB TV. She was last seen at SET India's Ishaaron Ishaaron Mein as Geeta Shrivastav.
Mashaal - Sharda
Ab Ab Laut Chale - Ranjit's mother
Kal Ho Naa Ho - Kantaben
Ishaaron Ishaaron Mein - Geeta Shrivastav
Zindagi Mere Ghar Aana - Unknown (Upcoming Series on StarPlus)
She is a Maharashtrian who married Ishan Arya (Irshad Ahsan). Her son Sameer Arya is also a cinematographer, known for films like Koyla (1997), Koi... Mil Gaya (2003) and Shootout at Wadala (2013).
- "I never thought that Kanta ben would be a hit". www.tellychakkar.com. Tellychakkar.com. Retrieved 28 February 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Comedy has changed over the years: Sulbha Arya". indianexpress.com. The Indian Express [P] Ltd. Retrieved 28 February 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Comedy has changed over the years: Sulbha Arya". post.jagran.com. Retrieved 28 February 2018. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Logic In Lens". Indian Express. 24 May 2013. Retrieved 30 April 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Sameer Arya - Through The Lens". Cine Blitz. June 2013. Archived from the original on 2 May 2014. Retrieved 30 April 2014.