Sulabha Arya is a veteran Hindi and Marathi film, television and stage actress. Sulbha is another variation for the same name. She is the wife of late veteran Indian cinematographer Ishan Arya and mother of cinematographer Sameer Arya and actor Sagar Arya. She is best known for her role of Shanti Masi in Sasural Genda Phool.
|Residence||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Other names||Sulbha Arya|
|Known for||Character Actor|
|Children||Sameer Arya, Sagar Arya|
Arya was part of the Indian television industry's first sitcom, Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi, aired in 1984. Arya played the role of Kanta Ben in the 2003 dramedy film Kal Ho Naa Ho. She was last seen in Priyanka Chopra’s 2016 Marathi production, Ventilator.
She is a Hindu Maharashtrian who married Muslim Ishan Arya (Irshad Ahsan) in Arya Samaj. Her son Sameer Arya is also a cinematographer, known for films like Koyla (1997), Koi... Mil Gaya (2003) and Shootout at Wadala (2013). Her other son Sagar Arya is an actor and married to Anwesha Bhattacharya, daughter of Rinki and film director Basu Bhattacharya.
- "I never thought that Kanta ben would be a hit". www.tellychakkar.com. Tellychakkar.com. Retrieved 28 February 2018.
- "Comedy has changed over the years: Sulbha Arya". indianexpress.com. The Indian Express [P] Ltd. Retrieved 28 February 2018.
- "Comedy has changed over the years: Sulbha Arya". post.jagran.com. Retrieved 28 February 2018.
- "From Kanta Ben to Jazz Kapoor, Here's What The Cast Of Kal Ho Naa Ho Is Up To Now". www.mtvindia.com/. Viacom 18 Media Pvt. Ltd. Retrieved 28 February 2018.
- "Logic In Lens". Indian Express. 24 May 2013. Retrieved 2014-04-30.
- "Sameer Arya - Through The Lens". Cine Blitz. June 2013. Archived from the original on 2 May 2014. Retrieved 30 April 2014.