Sukriti Kakar (born 8 May 1995) is an Indian playback singer born in New Delhi. Kakar rose to prominence after recording title song from the film Boss composed by Meet Bros which featured Yo Yo Honey Singh. Since then she has sung many songs most notably, "Kar Gayi Chull" from Kapoor & Sons which became a huge hit.
|Born||8 May 1995|
|Genres||Bollywood, Pop, Rock, Hindustani Classical|
Life and careerEdit
1995–2011: Early lifeEdit
Kakar studied Arts at Mithibai College and was a B.M.M student at R.D. National College. Since the very beginning, Kakar has grown up in a musical environment. Her mom has trained in Hindustani classical music for a very long time and was a music teacher at Balbharti Public School in Delhi for a long time. Her elder sister Akriti Kakar is also a playback singer and her twin sister Prakriti Kakar, who is also a playback singer, realised her love for music at the age of 8 and started her career with "Katra Katra" in Alone (2015).
2012 – Present: Early releasesEdit
Kakar began her career with the title song of Boss (2013), which was composed by Meet Bros Anjjan. Her next song was from the movie Hum Hai Raahi Car Ke (2013) title track. She next appeared in the track "Goti Song" from the movie Nasha (2013) with Akshay Deodhar and her twin sister Prakriti Kakar. Kakar's performance in Mujhse Hogi Shurvaat was released by "I Paid a Bribe" and The Shankar Mahadevan Academy as an initiative to tackle corruption. Apart from Kakar, the song is rendered by Mahadevan, Prakriti Kakar and Chetan Naik. The song was nominated in the best activist anthem category of Honesty Oscars 2014.
In June 2015, she bagged her first hit, "Pheli Baar" from the movie Dil Dhadakne Do, which was a massive hit which crossed over 4 million views on YouTube. It was then she was offered to sing for the song "Jungli Peeke Tight Hai"  from Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon (2015) starred Kapil Sharma. A year later in 2016, she lent her voice for Kapoor & Sons for the song "Kar Gayi Chull" along with Badshah. In 2017, she sang "Maine Tujhko Dekha" from Golmaal Again composed by Amaal Malik which itself was a remake from the 1997 film Ishq, composed by Anu Malik.
|2013||Boss||"Boss (Title Track)"||Meet Bros Anjjan||Kumaar||Rap: Yo Yo Honey Singh||1|
|Hum Hai Raahi Car Ke||"Hum Hai Raahi Car Ke (Title Track)"||Sangeet-Siddharth||Sangeet Siddharth||Chorus||2|
|Nasha||"Goti Song"||Radhika Anand||Prakriti Kakar, Akshay Deodhar||3|
|2015||Dil Dhadakne Do||"Pehli Baar"||Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy||Javed Akhtar||Siddharth Mahadevan||4|
|Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon||"Jugni Peeke Tight Hai (v2.0)"||Amjad-Nadeem||Shabbir Ahmed||Divya Kumar||5|
|2016||Kapoor & Sons||"Kar Gayi Chull"||Badshah, Amaal Mallik||Badshah, Kumaar||Badshah, Fazilpuria, Neha Kakkar||6|
|A Scandall||"Labon Se"||Amjad-Nadeem||Sameer Anjaan||Jubin Nautiyal||7|
|Rustom||"Rustom Wahi"||Raghav Sachar||Kumaar||Zee Music|
|2017||Golmaal Again||"Maine Tujhko Dekha"||Amaal Mallik||Neeraj Shridhar||15|
|Noor||"Jise Kehte Pyar Hai"|
|2018||Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety||"Lakk Mera Hit"||Rochak Kohli||Mannat Noor, Rochak Kohli|
|Hate Story 4||"Badnamiyaan (Female Version)"||Luvdeep Singh saini||Rashmi Virag|
|Nawabzaade||"Amma Dekh"||Gurinder Seagal||Gurinder Seagal, Boman||Gurinder Seagal, Ikka|
|2019||Amavas||"Finito"||Abhijit Vaghani||Kunaal Verma, Ikka||Jubin Nautiyal, Ikka|
Awards and achievementsEdit
- Nomination for 'Upcoming Female Vocalist' for her song,"Pehli Baar" (Dil Dhadakne Do) at Mirchi Music Awards in 2015.
- Sukriti has been featured on a devotional Album Ganaraj Adhiraj in 2014 and sang two tracks on it. The album bagged a GiMA in 2012.
- Featured on the MTV Unplugged with Mika Singh.
- Featured on the T-Series MixTape with Shaan.
- "Soft, sultry and soulful". indiatoday.intoday.in. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "Boss". The Times of India. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "Kapoor & Sons: Music album of Alia Bhatt, Sidharth Malhotra & Fawad Khan starrer strikes a chord with the audience". India.com. 10 March 2016. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "Sidharth Kapoor, Alia Bhatt's party anthem 'Kar Gayi Chull' crosses 10 million views". The Financial Express. 27 February 2016. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "Exclusive: Akriti Kakkar talks about her sisters, music and judging Sa Re Ga Ma Pa!". UrbanAsian. 27 May 2015. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "Sukriti Kakkar". Gaana.com. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "Shankar Mahadevan's song nominated for Honesty Oscars". The Hindu. 28 February 2014. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "Sukriti Kakar debuts in Bollywood with 'Pehli Baar' from 'Dil Dhadakne Do'". www.radioandmusic.com. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "Kis Kis Ko Pyaar Karoon". The Times of India. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "Kis Kis Ko Pyaar Karu song 'Jugni Peeke Tight'". The Times of India. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "Sukriti Interview on her hit songs and future work". DNA India. 9 October 2017. Retrieved 12 September 2019.
- "Sukriti and Prakriti on Maafiyaan". DNA India. 15 June 2019. Retrieved 12 September 2019.
- "Prakriti and Sukriti Kakar to launch their new single today". Times of India. 6 June 2019. Retrieved 12 September 2019.
- Zee Music Company (15 June 2016), Labon Se – A Scandall | Reeth Mazumder Johny B Baweja| Jubin Nautiyal & Sukriti Kakar | Amjad Nadeem, retrieved 22 June 2016
- "MMA Mirchi Music Awards". MMAMirchiMusicAwards. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "GIMA » Over The Years". www.gima.co.in. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "Saawan Mein Lag Gayi Aag Lyrics – Mika Singh". allmoviesonglyrics.com. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvRWkn_KUSg. Missing or empty