- This station is a representative station of Sukagawa City, and is the closest station to the city center, Midorigaoka Park, Sukagawa Botan Garden and Yoshimine Fuji Garden.
Sukagawa Station is served by the Tōhoku Main Line, and is located 215.1 kilometers from the official starting point of the line at Tokyo Station.
Operation from at this stationEdit
- Upbound (for Yabuki, Shirakawa & Shin-Shirakawa)
- During the day, one ordinary train (for Shin-Shirakawa) stops approximately every hour. Some trains also have Yabuki and Shirakawa lines. If you use the Kuroiso area from this station, you need to transfer at Shin-Shirakawa.
- Downhill (for Kōriyama, Motomiya & Fukushima)
- During the day, as in the case of climbing, one ordinary train (bound for Koriyama) stops approximately every hour. Some trains are also set up for Fukushima north of Koriyama and for Sendai.
Sukagawa Station opened on July 16, 1887. The station was absorbed into the JR East network upon the privatization of the Japanese National Railways (JNR) on April 1, 1987.
In fiscal 2018, the station was used by an average of 2,294 passengers daily (boarding passengers only).
- ^ 各駅の乗車人員 (2018年度) [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2018)] (in Japanese). Japan: East Japan Railway Company. 2019. Retrieved 2 January 2019.