Sui Southern Gas Company
The Sui Southern Gas Company (SSGC) (Formerly Sui Gas Transmission Company Limited) was formed in 1955. The company in its present shape was formed on March 30, 1989, following a series of mergers of three pioneering companies, namely Sui Gas Transmission Company Limited, Karachi Gas Company Limited and Indus Gas Company Limited.
|Traded as||PSX: SSGC|
|Industry||Oil & Gas|
|Zuhair Siddiqui (CEO)|
|Products||Natural Gas Transmission & Distribution|
|Revenue||PKR 69,084.41 Million (2007)|
|PKR 290.38 Million (2007)|
Number of employees
|over 7000 employees|
Sui Southern Gas Company is Pakistan's leading integrated gas company. The company is engaged in the business of transmission and distribution of natural gas in southern part of Pakistan- mainly in Sindh and Baluchistan. Sui Southern Gas Company transmission system extends from Sui, Balochistan to Karachi, Sindh.
The company also owns and operates the only gas meter manufacturing plant in the country, under an agreement with Schlumberger Industries, France. The Company is listed on the Karachi, Lahore and Islamabad Stock Exchanges. On 11 January 2016, all 3 city stock exchanges merged to form Pakistan Stock Exchange.
- Company Overview of Sui Southern Gas Company Limited on Financial Times (UK newspaper) Retrieved 26 October 2017
- Stock Quote and Company Summary of Sui Southern Gas Company Limited on reuters.com website Retrieved 26 October 2017
- Pakistan Stock Exchange formally launched Dawn (newspaper), Updated 11 January 2016, Retrieved 25 October 2017
- Sui Southern Gas Company Official Website
- Locations of Oil and Gas Discoveries in Pakistan on Schlumberger Company website
|This Pakistani corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|