Susan Nicola Vertue
21 September 1960
|Children||Joshua Jeffery Moffat |
Louis Oliver Moffat
Vertue met writer Steven Moffat at the Edinburgh Television Festival in 1996. A relationship blossomed and they left their respective production companies to join Hartswood Films, run by Beryl Vertue, Sue's mother. When Vertue asked Moffat to write a sitcom for Hartswood, he decided to base it around the evolution of their own relationship. The series became Coupling, which was first broadcast on BBC2 in 2000. The main two characters in the show were even named Steve and Susan, played by Jack Davenport and Sarah Alexander.
- "Results for Birth, Marriage, Death & Parish Records". Findmypast.co.uk. Retrieved 2 August 2014.
- Sternbergh, Adam (7 September 2003). "Selling Your Sex Life". The New York Times. Retrieved 1 April 2008.
- After the Chalk Dust Settled, featurette on Chalk Series 1 DVD, ReplayDVD.co.uk, prod. & dir. Craig Robins
- "Comic Relief Who". BBC. 1 January 2004. Retrieved 22 July 2009.
- "BBC Drama announces 'Sherlock', a new crime drama for BBC One". BBC Press Office (Press release). 19 December 2008. Retrieved 27 December 2008.
- "Sherlock". Ray Holman. Retrieved 21 July 2009.