Sudhanoti (also spelled Sudhnoti) (Urdu: ضلع سدھنوتی ), meaning the "Heartland of Sudhans" Sudhan (tribe) Noti (heartland), is one of the eight districts of Azad Kashmir in Pakistan. Sudhanoti is located at Latitude 33° 42′ 54″ N, Longitude 73° 41′ 9″ E. It is located 90 km away from Islamabad, the capital of Pakistan. It is connected with Rawalpindi and Islamabad through Azad Pattan road.
A view of Cadet College Pallandri in Sudhanoti District
Map of Azad Kashmir with Sudhanoti highlighted
|• Total||569 km2 (220 sq mi)|
|• Density||523/km2 (1,350/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5 (PST)|
|Number of Tehsils||4|
Sudhanoti District is divided into four tehsils: Pallandri, Balouch, Mang and Trarkhel. The town of Pallandri is the district headquarters. It is at an elevation of 1372 meters and is at a distance of 97 Kilometers from Rawalpindi via Azad Pattan. The district is connected to Rawalakot by a 64-km metaled road.
According to the Alif Ailaan Pakistan District Education Rankings for 2015, Sudhanoti is ranked 49 out of 148 districts in terms of education. For facilities and infrastructure, the district is ranked 147 out of 148.
Educational institutes include:
- Mohi-ud-Din Islamic University Nerian Sharif is a chartered university situated 125 km west of Islamabad.
- Cadet College Palandri is situated about 100 km from Islamabad.
- "AJ&K Portal". www.ajk.gov.pk.
- "Subdivisions of AJK".
- "Census 2017: AJK population rises to over 4m". The Nation. Retrieved 2017-09-01.
- "Individual district profile link, 2015". Alif Ailaan. Retrieved 2015-05-06.
- Bhattacharya, Samir (2014). NOTHING BUT!. Partridge Publishing. p. 228. ISBN 978-1-48281-787-4.
- "Introduction". Khan Sahib Government College of Technology, Rawalkot. Retrieved 14 October 2018.