Sudden Strike 4
Sudden Strike 4 is a real-time tactics video game set in the European theatre of World War II. It is the fifth game in the Sudden Strike series and the fourth standalone release. It is the first game developed by Kite Games, a collaboration of industry veteran game developers. Originally, it was scheduled to be released for PC and PlayStation 4 on June 27, 2017; but was delayed until August 11, 2017 and August 15, 2017 for PC and PlayStation 4, respectively.
|Sudden Strike 4|
The single-player mode features 3 campaigns (German, Allied or Soviet) with over 20 missions and modding support is planned. Each of the missions in the different campaigns are based on real life World War II battles/invasions. For example in the German campaign the player commands the Wehrmacht in the Battle of France, Operation Barbarossa, the Battle of Stalingrad, the Battle of Kursk and the Battle of the Bulge. The Invasion of Poland is used as a tutorial for the game and also acts as a prelude to the German campaign.
Strategy is heavily based on those of its predecessors with a focus on the unique characteristics and skills of limited units instead of resource gathering and base building. Reinforcements will still play a role in the game, but they are scripted and predictable. The game will also introduce skill trees and commander roles with famous World War II generals such as George Patton, Heinz Guderian, Bernard Montgomery or Georgy Zhukov.
- Palumbo, Alessio (13 April 2018). "Sudden Strike 4 Runs @ Native 4K on Xbox One X, "Pretty Much Identical" To Ultra PC; Dev Weighs on VRR".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2017-08-20. Retrieved 2017-08-25.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "KITE Games". kite-games.com.
- Cheing, Kevin (14 March 2017). "PS4 box art and release date revealed for Sudden Strike 4".
- "Sudden Strike 4 launches August 15 in North America, August 11 in Europe". 4 May 2017.
- Smith, Adam (8 August 2016). "Sudden Strike 4 Is A Slower More Thoughtful RTS".
- Yin-Poole, Wesley (4 August 2016). "Sudden Strike 4 announced".