- Multiple periods during the history of the Roman Empire:
- Bolesław I's intervention in the Kievan succession crisis
- 1383–1385 Crisis, the 1383-1385 succession crisis over the throne of Portugal
- 1558–1559, English succession crisis after the death of Mary I of England
- Portuguese succession crisis of 1580, the 1580 succession crisis over the throne of Portugal
- The succession of Henry IV of France, which provoked persistent Catholic resistance with Spanish support and lead to war with Spain in 1595
- War of the Spanish Succession (1701–1714) over who would succeed Charles II of Spain
- Monaco succession crisis of 1918, the 1918 succession crisis over the throne of Monaco
- Succession crisis (Latter Day Saints), the 1844 leadership crisis in the Latter Day Saint movement after the death of Joseph Smith
- The 1841 succession crisis in the United States following the death of William Henry Harrison, concerning whether his successor became President of the United States or merely assumed the powers of the office.
| This article includes a list of related items that share the same name (or similar names).
If an internal link incorrectly led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.