Extraordinary Attorney Woo (Korean: 이상한 변호사 우영우) is an ongoing South Korean television series starring Park Eun-bin in the title role, along with Kang Tae-oh and Kang Ki-young. It premiered on ENA on June 29, 2022, and airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 21:00 (KST). It is also available for streaming on Netflix in selected regions.
|Extraordinary Attorney Woo|
|Hangul||이상한 변호사 우영우|
|Revised Romanization||Isanghan byeonhosa uyeongu|
|McCune–Reischauer||Isanghan pyŏnhosa uyŏngu|
|Literally||Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo|
|Written by||Moon Ji-won|
|Directed by||Yoo In-shik|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of episodes||14 (as of August 11, 2022)|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Audio format||Dolby Digital|
|Original release||June 29, 2022 –|
Extraordinary Attorney Woo tells the story of Woo Young-woo (Park Eun-bin), an autistic lawyer, working at a large law firm. Attorney Woo has an eidetic memory that makes her a brilliant lawyer as she is able to recall laws to refute the opposing lawyer’s claims and build strong arguments to support her cases. Being different from neurotypical peers, her manner of communication is initially seen by the majority as odd and awkward and her strong emotional intelligence remains unrecognized. The show consistently tries to break down the commonly held misconceptions of autistic people lacking ‘social skills’ and ‘emotional intelligence.’ Instead it dives deeply into the struggles that neurotypical people face in dealing with someone who is highly intelligent but also disabled due to sensory issues and communication differences, and in accepting a way of being that falls outside of recognized social conventions of appropriate behavior and relationships. Woo Young-woo’s emotional insights touch many people deeply. The show develops all characters including Attorney Woo as struggling human beings and is exceptional in its portrayal of a kinder and gentler society moving towards encompassing difference.
- A rookie lawyer at Hanbada Law Firm. She is the first ASD attorney in Korea.
- An employee at the legal team of Hanbada.
- A senior attorney at Hanbada and Woo Young-woo's mentor.
- Woo Young-woo's single father.
- CEO of Hanbada.
- Woo Young-woo's law school classmate and colleague at Hanbada.
- Woo Young-woo's colleague at Hanbada.
- CEO of Taesan Law Firm.
- Woo Young-woo's close friend.
- Im Sung-jae as Kim Min-shik
- The owner of the pub where Dong Geu-ra-mi works.
- Kang Ae-sim as Choi Yeong-ran (Ep. 1)
- A client of Hanbada who got accused of attempting to murder her husband.
- Lee Do-kyung as Park Gyu-sik (Ep. 1)
- Choi Yeong-ran's husband who has dementia.
- A client of Hanbada whose wedding dress fell off.
- Kim Hwa-young's father.
- Moon Sang-hoon as Kim Jeong-hoon (Ep. 3)
- An autistic client who got accused of the murder of his brother.
- Kim Jeong-hoon's mother.
- Sung Ki-yun as Kim Jin-pyeong (Ep. 3)
- Kim Jeong-hoon's father.
- Lee Bong-jun as Kim Sang-hoon (Ep. 3)
- Kim Jeong-hoon's brother, who attempted to commit suicide.
- Choi Dae-hoon as Jang Seung-jun (Ep. 3)
- An attorney at Hanbada, and Jung Myung-seok's rival.
- Jung Seok-yong as Dong Dong-sam (Ep. 4)
- Dong Geu-ra-mi's father.
- Ko In-beom as Dong Dong-il (Ep. 4)
- Dong Dong-sam's eldest brother.
- Lee Sang-hee as Dong Dong-i (Ep. 4)
- Dong Dong-sam's second brother.
- Lee Seo-hwan as Jin-hyeok (Ep. 4)
- Dong Dong-sam's neighbour and head of village.
- Kim Kyung-min as Byeong-joo (Ep. 4)
- Dong Dong-il's lawyer.
- Yoon Byung-hee as Bae Seong-cheol (Ep. 5)
- Team Leader of Research and Development Team of Ihwa ATM company.
- Sales Manager of Ihwa ATM.
- Shin Hyun-jong as Oh Jin-jong (Ep. 5)
- President of Geumgang ATM.
- Kim Do-hyun as Kim Woo-seong (Ep. 5)
- The lawyer who represents Oh Jin-jong.
- Kim Hee-ra as Gye Hyang-shim (Ep. 6)
- A client of Hanbada who is a North Korean defector.
- The judge sitting on Gye Hyang-shim's and Kim Hyun-jeong's cases.
- Lim Seong-mi as Lee Soon-yeong (Ep. 6)
- The victim of Gye Hyang-shim's case.
- Seo Young-sam as Kwon Byung-gil (Ep. 6)
- A doctor related Gye Hyang-shim's case.
- Nam Jin-bok as Kim Jeong-bong (Ep. 6)
- The prosecutor in charge of Gye Hyang-shim's case.
- Jung Gyu-soo as Choi Han-soo (Ep. 7–8)
- Head of Sodeokdong village.
- A resident of Sodeokdong village.
- Park Kang-seop as Park Yoo-jin (Ep. 7–8)
- A civil servant at Gyeonghae Provincial Office.
- Commander of a Children's Liberation Army.
- Lee Won-jung as Yang Jeong-il (Ep. 10)
- Suspect of quasi-rape against an intellectually disabled woman.
- A woman with intellectual disabilities.
- Lee Jung-eun as Shin Hye-yeong's mother (Ep.10)
- which angered Woo Young-woo, who was protecting Yang Jeong-il.
- Jung Ji-ho as Yoon Jae-won (Ep. 11)
- A man who won a lottery while gambling at a casino.
- Heo Dong-won as Shin Il-soo (Ep. 11)
- Yoon Jae-won's acquaintance who files a lawsuit against him.
- Jung Kang-hee as Park Seong-nam (Ep. 11)
- Shin Il-su's acquaintance who files the lawsuit with him.
- Park Ji-yeon as Sung Soo-ji (Ep. 11)
- Shin Il-su's wife.
- A coffee saleswoman at the casino
- Jang Won-hyuk as Han Byung-gil (Ep. 11)
- The errand boy at the casino, an illegal Korean-Chinese immigrant.
- An attorney specialized in gender discrimination cases.
- Kim Hee-chang as Moon Jong-chul (Ep. 12)
- Human Resources Manager at Mir Life Insurance.
- Lee Ji-hyun as Kim Hyun-jeong (Ep. 12)
- Former Deputy Manager at Mir Life Insurance.
- Lee Moon-jung as Lee Ji-young (Ep. 12)
- Former Assistant Manager Mir Life Insurance.
- Lee Ji-min as Choi Yeon-hee (Ep. 12)
- An employee at Mir Life Insurance.
- Jung Myung-seok's ex-wife.
- Lee Jun-ho's brother-in-law.
- Song Yong-tae as Kim Yun-bok (Ep.13)
- Angry when he collects money from Hwangjisa Temple.
- Hwangjisa's legal representative.
|No.||Title||Original release date|
|1||"Extraordinary Attorney Woo"||June 29, 2022|
Woo Young-woo is a seemingly nonverbal child on the autism spectrum. When her father Woo Gwang-ho is attacked by a neighbor's jealous husband, she finally speaks — citing definitions of assault memorized from her father's legal library. Twenty-two years later, Young-woo has graduated from Seoul National University at the top of her class, and begins her first day at Hanbada law firm. Senior attorney Jung Myung-seok does not want the awkward newcomer on his team, but CEO Han Seon-young agrees that he can dismiss Young-woo if she mishandles her first case: defending her childhood neighbor, charged with attempting to murder her husband.Though a plea bargain for attempted murder has been set, Young-woo realizes this would invalidate the defendant's pension. The short-tempered husband dies after cross-examination from Young-woo, who extracts testimony from a medical expert that he could have suffered from an underlying subdural hematoma. The charge is reduced to assault and the defendant receives probation, with her pension intact. Young-woo is aided in her new job by her colleague Lee Joon-ho, navigating everyday obstacles like their office building's revolving door.
|2||"The Wedding Dress That Slipped Off"||June 30, 2022|
At her lavish wedding prepared by the Daehyeon Hotel, bride Kim Hwa-young trips on her dress, exposing herself and her tattoo of the Buddha. Humiliated, her father Kim Jeong-gu rejects his lawyers' advice to accept the hotel's generous refund, and hires Hanbada instead. Determined to outdo rival Taesan law firm, Seon-young agrees to pursue ₩1 billion in compensation. A wedding gift to the bride's family of land worth ₩33.2 billion will not occur due to the botched wedding, which Young-woo suggests entitles Jeong-gu to special damages, despite his daughter's unhappiness with the arranged marriage.Posing as a couple to investigate the hotel's wedding business, Joon-ho sees Young-woo in a different light after she tries on a wedding dress. He enlists a bridal assistant from the hotel to testify that Hwa-young's dress was switched for a looser fitting version. As the actual aggrieved party, Hwa-young withdraws the lawsuit, telling her father she is in fact a Buddhist and revealing her true love, her girlfriend. Young-woo comes to the attention of Taesan's CEO, Tae Soo-mi.
|3||"This Is Pengsoo"||July 6, 2022|
Kim Jeong-hoon, a young autistic man, is discovered apparently attacking his older brother, a brilliant medical student who dies intoxicated with mysteriously broken ribs. Their father, a Hanbada client, asks the firm to handle Jeong-hoon's defense. Young-woo, following her father's advice on getting through to her as a child, tries to communicate with Jeong-hoon through his love of Pengsoo. Young-woo and Joon-ho find evidence that the older brother tried to hang himself, but his parents refuse to accept that he was suicidal.The prosecution uses Young-woo's high-functioning autism to argue against the defendant's diminished capacity. Young-woo is removed from the case, despite Myung-seok's protests, and the case is reassigned to his rival. Struggling with negative public perception of autism, Young-woo nearly hangs herself, but is saved by Joon-ho. She realizes that Jeong-hoon attempted to save his brother in the same way, breaking the deceased's ribs in the fall and by trying to perform CPR. The charges are reduced to bodily injury and Jeong-hoon is ruled mentally incompetent, but a disenchanted Young-woo resigns from Hanbada Law Firm.
|4||"The Strife of the Three Brothers"||July 7, 2022|
Dong Dong-sam, the father of Young-woo's best friend Dong Geu-ra-mi, inherits land from his late father worth ₩10 billion. His older brothers pressure and deceive him into signing an agreement giving him only 20% but making him solely responsible for all taxes, leaving him ₩260 million in debt. Now working at her father's gimbap restaurant, Young-woo no longer considers herself an attorney, but agrees to help. As Young-woo's trouble-making high school classmate, Geu-ra-mi befriended her after saving her from bullies, and urges Joon-ho to confess his feelings for Young-woo.An eavesdropping neighbor overheard the brothers intimidate Dong-sam, but changes his story in court. Young-woo puts Geu-ra-mi up to creating a drunken scene at her grandfather's memorial, leading her uncles to attack her and her father, which invokes a section of the civil code that invalidates the agreement. Dong-sam is entitled to the entire inheritance but, after apologies from his brothers, agrees to equal shares. Myung-seok kindly chooses "not to process" Young-woo's resignation, and she rejoins the firm.
|5||"Wild Card VS Tactician"||July 13, 2022|
Hanbada is hired by ATM manufacturer Ihwa, who accuses rival company Geumgang of copying their technology, which Geumgang claims is an open-source design Ihwa is fraudulently trying to patent. "Wild card" Young-woo leads the case alongside her competitive colleague, "tactician" Kwon Min-woo, who openly sabotages her. Geu-ra-mi and Joon-ho advise Young-woo how to detect when people are lying. Imha's convincing false testimony results in an injunction against Geumgang.
Young-woo shows Min-woo a letter from the head of Geumgang begging her to pursue the truth as an honorable attorney, but he reminds her that their duty is to win for their client. Geumgang tracks down the last remaining ATM from a defunct company that used the same design, proving the technology pre-dated Imha's patent. The injunction is lifted, but Imha has already taken over Geumgang's contracts and ruined their business. Young-woo displays the letter in her office as a reminder to herself.As a candidate for Minister of Justice, Tae Soo-mi denies rumors that she had a child out of wedlock.
|6||"If I Were a Whale"||July 14, 2022|
Young-woo and her colleague Choi Soo-yeon become emotionally invested in defending Gye Hyang-sim, a North Korean defector. Five years earlier, she was arrested after demanding money from a badly beaten debtor, but fled to care for her young daughter, and has now come forward to accept punishment. A drunken miscommunication leads Min-woo to mistakenly tell Soo-yeon that Joon-ho has feelings for her. Arguing that the victim's wounds were caused by her abusive husband, Young-woo questions the doctor who examined her, who admits his bias against defectors.
Young-woo argues that under North Korean law, the defendant would be guilty of a lesser crime, but Hyang-sim confesses that she intended to get the money at any cost. While the jury deliberates, Young-woo and Soo-yeon sneak into the judge's chambers with a final plea for leniency. Telling Soo-yeon about mother whales' bond with their children, Young-woo struggles with her own mother's abandonment. The jury unanimously sentences Hyang-sim to four years in prison, but the judge imposes probation instead, in light of her honest confession.Shopping with Soo-yeon, Young-woo nearly crosses paths with Tae Soo-mi.
|7||"A Tale About Sodeok-Dong I"||July 20, 2022|
The villagers of Sodeokdong are distressed by plans for a highway that would cut through town. The head of Sodeokdong convinces Myung-seok's team to handle the lawsuit against the construction after bringing them to see the colorful village. Taesan is hired as opposing counsel, led by Tae Soo-mi herself. She and Young-woo are impressed by each other, upsetting Young-woo's father; he accuses Han Seon-young of hiring Young-woo as a pawn in her rivalry with Soo-mi, whom Young-woo is unaware is her mother.Despite Soo-mi's flashy presentations, Young-woo's eidetic memory proves that the highway plans were finalized before a required environmental impact study, and the judge is persuaded to visit Sodeokdong himself. Soo-yeon urges Young-woo and Joon-ho to face their feelings for each other. Young-woo's father tells her that he and Seon-young were friends in law school, and that she hired Young-woo at his request; deeply hurt, Young-woo leaves home. Min-woo, frustrated by what he perceives as Young-woo's "special treatment", writes an anonymous post on Hanbada's website about the company's "corrupt hiring practices".
|8||"A Tale About Sodeok-Dong II"||July 21, 2022|
Despite gossip about Young-woo and nepotism, Soo-yeon defends her to Min-woo and the rest of the firm. At the judge's on-site verification, Sodeokdong's appeal is dampened by rain. Taesan has already convinced residents to sign consent forms for construction by suggesting potentially higher compensation. The judge will dismiss the lawsuit if most of the villagers consent, leading Taesan to flood the village with interns collecting signatures. Soo-mi offers Young-woo a job with Taesan, further frustrating Min-woo.
Young-woo tells her father that she has decided to move out and join Taesan, and he reveals that Soo-mi is her mother. Overwhelmed, Young-woo collapses, and her father tells her the truth: he and Soo-mi met in law school, but she rejected him when she became pregnant; after she gave birth, he left school to raise Young-woo by himself.Learning that Sodeokdong's prized hackberry tree was prevented from being considered a natural monument, Young-woo secures the tree's protected status, ending construction and uniting the village. Revealing to Soo-mi that she is her daughter, Young-woo declines her offer.
|9||"The Pied Piper"||July 27, 2022|
Young-woo defends an eccentric young man who has adopted the humorous name "Bang Gu-ppong", charged with kidnapping a busload of children who were supposed to attend his mother's hagwon. Instead, Gu-ppong — self-declared leader of the "Children's Liberation Army"— took them into the woods to play. Joon-ho and Young-woo learn the children are forced to study all day and night, prompting Gu-ppong to try to free them of the intense pressure from parents and schools.
A heartfelt plea from Gu-ppong's mother convinces the children's mothers not to pursue a lawsuit. Abandoning her team's plan to deem Gu-ppong mentally unfit, Young-woo helps him declare his philosophy of play as a "political offender". Myung-seok chastises Min-woo for antagonizing Young-woo. The mothers agree to let their children attend the trial, where Gu-ppong leads them in a joyous recitation of his motto: play, health, and happiness. Young-woo struggles to demonstrate her affection for Joon-ho, and they finally confess their feelings for each other, but she runs away.Visiting Gwang-ho, Soo-mi is secretly photographed by a reporter who connects her to Young-woo.
|10||"Holding Hands Can Wait"||July 28, 2022|
Young-woo intervenes when a young man, Yang Jeong-il, is arrested on the subway. Charged with quasi-rape of Shin Hye-yeong, a woman with intellectual disabilities, Jeong-il claims that he and Hye-yeong are in a loving relationship, and Young-woo agrees to defend him. Jeong-il's affectionate texts with Hye-yeong are contradicted by her statement to the police. After meeting Young-woo without her overprotective mother, Hye-yeong testifies that the relationship was consensual, but the prosecution asserts that the sexual encounter drove her to self-harm. The jury finds Jeong-il not guilty of sexual assault, but the judge sentences him to two years in prison as a sex offender.Young-woo sets Soo-yeon up on an unsuccessful date with Kim Min-shik, Geu-ra-mi's boss. Young-woo and Joon-ho work toward becoming an official couple, complicated by Young-woo's aversion to touch and judgement from Joon-ho's friends, and they share their first kiss. Soo-mi presents Gwang-ho with an offer for Young-woo to join Taesan's Boston, USA branch, near numerous autism specialists, but he angrily throws her out.
|11||"Mr. Salt, Ms. Pepper, and Attorney Soy Sauce"||August 3, 2022|
Hanbada is hired by Shin Il-soo, who bought lottery tickets with two gambling buddies, one of whom reneged on their promise to split their winnings after his ticket won the ₩6 billion jackpot. A casino employee witnessed their agreement to share the prize, but is unwilling to testify as an undocumented immigrant. Il-soo persuades employee Choi Da-hae to testify about the agreement instead, and the judge rules that the prize must be shared between the three men.
Young-woo realizes Il-soo is having an affair with Da-hae and plans to divorce his wife, Sung Soo-ji. Young-woo and Joon-ho try to warn Soo-ji without violating attorney-client privilege, but her abusive husband is killed in a car accident and she inherits his prize money. Soo-yeon's new boyfriend is revealed to be a con artist preying on women with elite jobs, and Young-woo finds herself thinking about Joon-ho as often as she does about whales.Deducing the truth about Young-woo's mother, Min-woo blackmails Soo-mi, who agrees to hire him at Taesan if he can force Young-woo out at Hanbada.
|12||"Yangtze River Dolphin"||August 4, 2022|
Myung-seok's team defends an insurance company in a gender discrimination case. Faced with downsizing, the company had employed 112 married couples and threatened the husbands' jobs if their wives did not resign instead, persuading most married women to quit. Activist attorney Ryu Jae-sook represents the only two women willing to take on the company, and her belief in an attorney's duty to protect vulnerable people leaves Young-woo conflicted.
Exploiting this, Min-woo tries to frame Young-woo by sending Jae-sook damaging Hanbada documents, but she is protected by Jae-sook's goodwill. Jae-sook submits evidence that the company's human resources manager was directly ordered to force female employees to resign; nevertheless, the judge dismisses the plaintiffs' claims of discrimination. Undeterred, Jae-sook invites Young-woo and Soo-yeon to a rooftop party with her and the plaintiffs, and returns the documents.Gwang-ho confronts Young-woo after seeing her kiss Joon-ho, who is hurt that she does not already consider them to be a couple. Myung-seok grows paranoid when a murderer he defended is on the loose; the man is caught, but Myung-seok finds himself coughing up blood.
|13||"The Blue Night of Jeju I"||August 10, 2022|
Myung-seok decides to visit a doctor after the events of the previous episode. The Hanbada team soon head to Jeju Island, along with Dong Geu-ra-mi and Kim Min-Sik, after Young-Woo accepts a case involving her landlady's father being charged an admission fee for being in the area of a local heritage site there, a temple called Hwangjisa, even though he had no intention to visit.As the case develops, Myung-seok is saddened to see that his favourite Haengbok Noodle shop has closed down, and reveals to his coworkers how his overworking nature eventually caused his wife, Ji-su to leave him. Joon-Ho and Young-Woo also visit the former's sister, Seung-Hui and her husband, with Seung-Hui expressing disapproval over Young-Woo. During the second day of court proceedings, Myung-seok clutches his stomach in pain and collapses on the floor, to everyone's shock.
|14||"The Blue Night of Jeju II"||August 11, 2022|
At the hospital, Myung-seok has been diagnosed with Stage 3 stomach cancer. The Hanbada team decides to find the owner of Haengbok Noodles at Young-Woo's suggestion, but are unable to make meaningful progress. Ji-su visits Myung-Seok in hospital, exasperated that he has not changed despite not seeing her in five years. After speaking with Ji-su, Young-Woo doubts that she would be able to make Joon-Ho happy and initiates a break-up. The trial concludes with Hanbada's victory and the closure of the admission fee booth.The team visits the Abbot again at Hwangjisa, who bears Hanbada no grudges, and prays for Myung-seok's well being. They accept the Abbot's invitation for lunch, and find out that Haengbok's owner has in fact taken up residence at Hwangjisa as their gongyangju (cook). The team helps him reopen Haengbok via the proper legal channels before returning to Seoul. Back in her office, Han Seon-young meets reporter Lee Jun-beom, and confirms his suspicions of Young-Woo of being Tae Soo-mi's daughter. She promises to tell him everything he wants to know, under the condition that he publishes the article right before Soo-mi's confirmation hearing as Minister of Justice.
The filming of the series wrapped up on July 14, 2022.
|1.||"Brave" (용기)||Noh Young-shim||Kim Jong-wan (Nell)||4:22|
|2.||"Beyond My Dreams" (상상)||Noh Young-shim||Sunwoo Jung-a||3:05|
|3.||"Better Than Birthday"||O3ohn||3:46|
|4.||"Tuning In To You" (기울이면)||Wonstein||3:01|
|5.||"Inevitable" (안하기가 쉽지 않아요)||Noh Young-shim||Noh Young-shim||Suzy||3:51|
|6.||"The Blue Night of Jeju Island" (제주도의 푸른 밤)||Choi Sung-won||Choi Sung-won||Park Eun-bin||4:10|
The series was the most viewed non-English show globally on Netflix for the weeks of July 4 to 10 and July 11 to 17, logging 23.9 million and 45.5 million hours viewed, and ranking in Top 10 in 12 and 22 countries, respectively. For the week of July 18 to 24, it was the second most watched non-English show, gathering 55 million hours viewed. It was also the most watched series in 8 countries and appeared in Top 10 in 27 others. The series returned to the top of the chart for the week of July 25 to 31, with 65.5 million hours viewed, and was the most watched show in 19 countries, while ranking in Top 10 in 25 more.
|Ep.||Original broadcast date||Average audience share|
|1||June 29, 2022||0.948% (32nd)||N/A|
|2||June 30, 2022||1.805% (4th)||1.987% (4th)|
|3||July 6, 2022||4.032% (2nd)||4.369% (2nd)|
|4||July 7, 2022||5.190% (1st)||5.703% (1st)|
|5||July 13, 2022||9.138% (1st)||10.297% (1st)|
|6||July 14, 2022||9.569% (1st)||10.364% (1st)|
|7||July 20, 2022||11.690% (1st)||12.960% (1st)|
|8||July 21, 2022||13.093% (1st)||14.970% (1st)|
|9||July 27, 2022||15.780% (1st)||18.078% (1st)|
|10||July 28, 2022||15.157% (1st)||17.178% (1st)|
|11||August 3, 2022||14.173% (1st)||15.384% (1st)|
|12||August 4, 2022||14.937% (1st)||16.253% (1st)|
|13||August 10, 2022||13.515% (1st)||14.796% (1st)|
|14||August 11, 2022||14.646% (1st)||16.075% (1st)|
|15||August 17, 2022|
|16||August 18, 2022|
On July 6, 2022, AStory announced that the series will be adapted into a webtoon of the same name. It will be serialized into 60 episodes, drawn by illustrator HwaUmJo and written by Yuil and will be available in Korean, English, Japanese and Chinese.
On July 14, it was reported that a US remake is currently in discussion.
- Conran, Pierce (July 11, 2022). "Netflix K-drama Extraordinary Attorney Woo: heartwarming legal drama starring Park Eun-bin really is extraordinary". South China Morning Post. Retrieved July 22, 2022.
- Jang, Woo-young (June 2, 2022). "'이상한 변호사 우영우' 박은빈, 호기심 '반짝반짝' 메인 포스터 공개" ['Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' Park Eun-bin, curious 'Twinkle Twinkle' main poster released] (in Korean). Osen. Archived from the original on June 2, 2022. Retrieved June 2, 2022 – via Naver.
- "'우영우' 신드롬 일으킨 고래 CG의 비밀…"드디어 세상 밖으로" [엑's 이슈]" (in Korean). Xports News. July 12, 2022. Retrieved July 12, 2022 – via Naver.
- Kim, Hyun-seo (June 29, 2022). "'이상한 변호사 우영우' 인물관계도 보니?...원작에도 쏠린 관심" [Did you see the relationship between the characters of 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo'? Attention focused on the original]. Top Star News (in Korean). Retrieved June 29, 2022.
- Hong, Se-young (June 2, 2022). "박은빈 로펌 생존기, '이상한 변호사 우영우' 메인포스터" [Park Eun-bin's Law Firm Survival Story, 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' Main Poster] (in Korean). Sports Donga. Archived from the original on June 2, 2022. Retrieved June 2, 2022 – via Naver.
- Moon, Ji-yeon (October 26, 2021). "[공식] 박은빈 주연 '이상한 변호사 우영우' 넷플릭스行 확정..11월 촬영 시작" [[Official] 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' starring Park Eun-bin confirmed on Netflix.. Filming begins in November] (in Korean). Sports Chosun. Archived from the original on May 29, 2022. Retrieved May 30, 2022 – via Naver.
- Jo, Jun-woo (July 15, 2022). "[TEN 포토] 오지율 '우영우 아역 기억하시죠?'(우영우 종방연)" [[TEN Photo] Oh Ji-yul 'Do you remember Woo Young-woo's child role?' (Woo Young-woo Jong Bang-yeon)] (in Korean). Ten Asia. Retrieved July 15, 2022 – via Naver.
- Hong, Se-young (April 8, 2022). "박은빈·강태오·강기영→주종혁 '이상한 변호사 우영우' 출연확정 [공식]" [Park Eun-bin·Kang Tae-oh·Kang Ki-young → Joo Jong-hyuk's 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' Appearance Confirmed [Official]] (in Korean). Sports Donga. Archived from the original on May 29, 2022. Retrieved May 30, 2022 – via Naver.
- Moon, Ji-yeon (October 7, 2021). "[단독] 강기영, 박은빈 멘토 된다..'이상한 변호사 우영우' 주연" [[Exclusive] Kang Ki-young, Park Eun-bin become mentors..Starring in 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo'] (in Korean). Sports Chosun. Archived from the original on May 29, 2022. Retrieved May 30, 2022 – via Naver.
- Jeong, Bit (July 22, 2022). "우영우' 장성범, 특별출연에도 존재감…시청자 눈물샘 자극" ['Woo Young-woo' Jang Seong-beom, a presence even in a special appearance... viewers tear duct stimulation] (in Korean). Sports Chosun. Retrieved July 22, 2022 – via Naver.
- Park, Pan-seok (April 8, 2022). "'대세 신인' 하윤경, '이상한 변호사 우영우' 출연..변호사 변신" ['Rookie of the Year' Ha Yoon-kyung to appear in 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo'..Transformed into a lawyer] (in Korean). Osen. Archived from the original on May 29, 2022. Retrieved May 30, 2022 – via Naver.
- Kim, Ye-eun (April 11, 2022). "신예 주종혁, '이상한 변호사 우영우' 출연...신입 변호사 변신" [Rookie Jong-hyuk Joo to appear in 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo'...new lawyer transformation] (in Korean). X-port News. Archived from the original on May 29, 2022. Retrieved May 30, 2022 – via Naver.
- Kang, Hyo-jin (November 29, 2021). "[단독]진경, '이상한 변호사 우영우' 합류...박은빈과 호흡" [[Exclusive] Jin Kyung joins 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo'...Breathing with Park Eun-bin] (in Korean). SpoTV News. Archived from the original on December 1, 2021. Retrieved May 30, 2022 – via Naver.
- Lee, Ye-ji (July 28, 2022). "우영우' 정한빛, 이러니 박은빈 父가 반했지…"알아봐주셔서 놀라" [Woo Young-woo' Jeonghan-bit, this is why Park Eun-bin and 父 fell in love... "I'm surprised you noticed] (in Korean). X-ports News. Retrieved July 28, 2022 – via Naver.
- Kim, Soon-chun (July 7, 2022). "우영우와 상식적인 사람들... 볼수록 힐링된다" [Woo Young-woo and common sense people... The more I look, the more I heal] (in Korean). Oh My News. Retrieved July 8, 2022 – via Naver.
- Lee, Seul-bi (July 1, 2022). "하영, 웨딩드레스 사이 드러난 문신 '강렬' (이상한 변호사)" [Ha-young, tattoo 'gang-ryeol' revealed between wedding dresses (strange lawyer)] (in Korean). Sports Donga. Retrieved July 1, 2022 – via Naver.
- Choi, Na-young (July 7, 2022). "박은빈, 한바다 떠났다..거센 '우영우 열풍' 최고 5.4%" [Park Eun-bin, left the Hanbada.. Strong 'Woo Young-woo craze', highest 5.4%] (in Korean). OSEN. Retrieved July 7, 2022 – via Naver.
- Choi, Yun-na (July 7, 2022). "'우영우' 이봉준, 럭키컴퍼니와 전속 계약 체결[공식]" [Woo Young-woo' Lee Bong-joon signs exclusive contract with Lucky Company [Official]] (in Korean). Sports Donga. Retrieved July 7, 2022 – via Naver.
- Park, Jin-young (July 6, 2022). "최대훈, 오늘(6일) '이상한 변호사 우영우' 첫 등장…변호사 변신" [Choi Dae-hoon, first appearance in 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' today (6th)... lawyer transformation] (in Korean). Joy News. Retrieved July 7, 2022.
- Kim, Eun-jung (July 7, 2022). "'이상한 변호사 우영우' 박은빈, 주현영 돕고 한바다 복귀…강태오 "같은 편 하고 싶다" [종합]" [Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' Park Eun-bin and Joo Hyun-young help and return to Hanbaa... Tae-oh Kang "I want to be on the same side" [General]] (in Korean). TV Report. Retrieved July 7, 2022 – via Naver.
- Son, Bong-seok (May 25, 2022). "배우 이상희, '이상한 변호사 우영우' 출연 확정[공식]" [Actor Lee Sang-hee confirmed to appear in 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' [Official]] (in Korean). Sports Kyunghyang. Archived from the original on May 30, 2022. Retrieved May 30, 2022 – via Naver.
- Seo, Ye-jin (July 25, 2022). "'우영우' 김경민, 박은빈과 대립하는 변호사…독보적 존재감 '눈길" [Woo Young-woo' Kim Kyung-min, a lawyer who confronts Park Eun-bin... Unrivaled presence 'eyes] (in Korean). Ten Asia. Retrieved July 25, 2022 – via Naver.
- Kim, Eun-jung (July 13, 2022). "이상한 변호사 우영우' 박은빈 "진실 외면 부끄럽다" 눈물→진경, 혼외자 부정 [종합]" [Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' Park Eun-bin "I'm ashamed to turn away from the truth" Tears → Jin-kyung, denial of an outsider [General]] (in Korean). TV Report. Retrieved July 13, 2022 – via Naver.
- Hwang, Hyo-yi (July 14, 2022). "우영우' 이성욱, 표절 피해자인 척 박은빈 도움받았다…반전 선사" [Woo Young-woo' Lee Seong-wook received help from Chuck Park Eun-bin, a victim of plagiarism… reverse line] (in Korean). Sports Kyunghyang. Retrieved July 14, 2022 – via Naver.
- Park, Ji-yoon (July 14, 2022). "이상한 변호사 우영우', 시청률 9.1%로 '신드롬급 인기' 증명" [Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' proves 'syndrome-level popularity' with 9.1% viewer rating] (in Korean). The Fact. Retrieved July 14, 2022 – via Naver.
- Kang, Nae-ri (July 14, 2022). "김도현, 변호사 됐다…'이상한 변호사 우영우' 특별 출연" [Kim Do-hyun became a lawyer... Special appearance in 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo] (in Korean). YTN. Retrieved July 14, 2022 – via Naver.
- Hwang, Hye-jin (July 14, 2022). "김히어라 '우영우' 뜬다, 탈북자 피고인 계향심 변신[오늘TV]" [Kim Heera 'Woo Young-woo' Floats, North Korean Defector Defendant Gye Hyang-shim Transformation [Today's TV]] (in Korean). Newsen. Retrieved July 14, 2022 – via Naver.
- Kim, Min-ji (July 15, 2022). "'우영우' 신드롬…호평 속 9.6%로 또 자체 최고 경신 [N시청률]" ['Woo Young-woo' syndrome… Another record high with 9.6% in favorable reviews [N ratings]] (in Korean). News 1. Retrieved July 22, 2022 – via Naver.
- Kim, Eun-jung (August 4, 2022). "우영우' 박은빈, ♥강태오와 데이트→정의로운 변호사 이봉련 "멸종되지 않았으면" [종합]" [Woo Young-woo' Park Eun-bin, ♥ Date with Kang Tae-oh → Justice lawyer Lee Bong-ryun "If not extinct" [General]] (in Korean). TV Report. Retrieved August 4, 2022 – via Naver.
- Ha, Ji-won (July 6, 2022). "남진복, '이상한 변호사 우영우' 캐스팅…박은빈과 호흡 [공식입장]" [Nam Jin-bok cast for 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo'... Breathing with Park Eun-bin [Official Position]] (in Korean). X-ports News. Retrieved July 7, 2022 – via Naver.
- Beak, Seung-hoon (July 21, 2022). "우영우' 박은빈, 친엄마 진경에 한 방 날렸다" [Woo Young-woo' Park Eun-bin blew a shot at Jin-kyung's mother] (in Korean). iMBC. Retrieved July 21, 2022 – via Naver.
- Ha, Ji-won (July 22, 2022). "우영우' 박강섭, 소덕동 사건 핵심 인물…반전 선사" [Woo Young-woo' Park Kang-seop, a key figure in the So Deok-dong case... reverse line] (in Korean). X-ports News. Retrieved July 22, 2022 – via Naver.
- Shin, Young-eun (June 30, 2022). "구교환, '이상한 변호사 우영우' 특별 출연" [Koo Kyo-hwan, Special Appearance in 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo] (in Korean). Maeil Economic Daily. Retrieved June 30, 2022 – via Naver.
- Seo, Jin-ju (July 22, 2022). "구교환, '이상한 변호사 우영우' 특별 출연" ["What's your name?"... Koo Kyo-hwan, 'Woo Young-woo' Special Appearance 'Excited'] (in Korean). Money S. Retrieved July 24, 2022 – via Naver.
- Kim, Eun-jung (July 28, 2022). "이상한 변호사 우영우' 박은빈, ♥강태오와 첫 키스…고민 끝 연애 시작 [종합]" [Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' Park Eun-bin, ♥ First kiss with Kang Tae-oh... End of worries and start dating [General]] (in Korean). TV Report. Retrieved July 28, 2022 – via Naver.
- Kim, Hye-young (July 28, 2022). "이상한 변호사 우영우' 박은빈 "장애인도 사랑에 빠질 자유 있어" [Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' Park Eun-bin "Even the disabled have the freedom to fall in love] (in Korean). iMBC. Retrieved July 28, 2022 – via Naver.
- Choi, Na-young (August 7, 2022). "우영우' 이 배우 고창석 아내♥︎였다..'변신의 귀재' [Oh!쎈 초점]" [Woo Young-woo' was actor Ko Chang-seok's wife ♥︎.. 'Master of transformation' [Oh! Strong focus]] (in Korean). Isen. Retrieved August 7, 2022 – via Naver.
- Go, Jae-wan (August 4, 2022). "[SC리뷰] 우영우♥이준호, 진짜 키스→父에게 들켰다…권민우, 태수미와 거래시대('이상한변호사우영우')" [[SC Review] Woo Young-woo ♥ Lee Jun-ho, a real kiss → found out by 父... Min-woo Kwon and Su-mi Tae in the era of dealings ('Strange Lawyer Young-woo Woo')] (in Korean). Sports Chosun. Retrieved August 4, 2022 – via Naver.
- Kim, Eun-jung (August 3, 2022). "우영우' 박은빈♥강태오 "자꾸 보고 싶어"…로또 당첨금 분배 '권선징악' 엔딩 [종합]" ['Woo Young-woo' Park Eun-bin ♥ Kang Tae-oh "I miss you"... Lotto winnings distribution 'Kwon Seon Jin-eak' ending [Comprehensive]] (in Korean). TV Report. Retrieved August 3, 2022 – via Naver.
- Han, Hae-sun (August 3, 2022). "박지연, 오늘(3일) '우영우' 박은빈 의뢰인으로 등장" [Park Ji-yeon, appeared as Park Eun-bin's client in 'Woo Young-woo' today (3rd)] (in Korean). MT Star News. Retrieved August 3, 2022 – via Naver.
- Kim, Hyun-rok (August 4, 2022). "이봉련, 한바다와 대립각…'이상한 변호사 우영우' 12회 투입[공식]" [Lee Bong-ryun, Han Bada and the opposite angle... 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' 12 times [Official]] (in Korean). spoTV News. Retrieved August 4, 2022 – via Naver.
- Lee, Yu-ri (August 5, 2022). "우영우' 이문정 "출산 25일만 복귀, 골반·허리 아팠지만" [Woo Young-woo' Lee Moon-jung "I returned after 25 days of giving birth, but my pelvis and back hurt...] (in Korean). Star Today. Retrieved August 5, 2022 – via Naver.
- Kang, Min-kyung (July 20, 2022). "[단독] 이윤지, '이상한 변호사 우영우' 특별 출연…박은빈·강태오·강기영과 호흡" [[Exclusive] Lee Yoon-ji, special appearance in 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo'... Breathing with Park Eun-bin, Kang Tae-oh, and Kang Ki-young] (in Korean). Ten Asia. Retrieved July 20, 2022 – via Naver.
- Kim, Eun-jung (August 10, 2022). "우영우' 박은빈♥강태오, 사귀기 전 이별하나→'이혼' 강기영, 쓰러졌다 [종합]" [Woo Young-woo' Park Eun-bin ♥ Kang Tae-oh, parting before dating → 'Divorce' Kang Ki-young, collapsed [General]] (in Korean). TV Report. Retrieved August 10, 2022 – via Naver.
- Kim, Ga-young (August 12, 2022). "환혼' 이기섭, '이상한 변호사 우영우' 변호사로 변신" [Welcome' Lee Ki-seop transforms into 'weird lawyer Woo Young-woo] (in Korean). Edaily. Retrieved August 13, 2022 – via Naver.
- Yeon, Hwi-seon (August 10, 2022). "우영우' 측 "김주헌, 마지막회 특별출연...유인식 감독 '낭만닥터2' 인연" [공식입장]" ['Woo Young-woo' side "Kim Joo-heon makes a special appearance in the last episode... relationship with director Yoo In-sik in 'Romantic Doctor 2'" [Official position]] (in Korean). Osen. Retrieved August 10, 2022 – via Naver.
- Oh, Se-rin (July 8, 2022). "마지막 촬영 맞다"…'이상한 변호사 우영우', 14일 마지막 촬영 예정 (공식입장)" ["It's the last filming right"… 'Strange Lawyer Woo Young-woo' to be filmed for the last time on the 14th (official position)] (in Korean). TopNews. Retrieved July 10, 2022.
- Yoon, Hyo-jeong (July 7, 2022). "세상 편견 깨는 '이상한 변호사 우영우' 4% 수직 상승…ENA 최고 시청률" ['Strange lawyer Woo Young-woo' that breaks the world's prejudices rises 4%... ENA highest ratings] (in Korean). News 1. Retrieved July 18, 2022 – via Naver.
- Suacillo, Angela Patricia (July 13, 2022). "'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' becomes Netflix's most-watched non-English TV show". NME. Retrieved July 18, 2022.
- Toh, Michelle (July 20, 2022). "Next 'Squid Game?' Big ratings on Netflix boosts hope for next Korean hit". CNN Business. Retrieved July 28, 2022.
- Hailu, Selome (July 26, 2022). "Netflix Top 10: 'The Gray Man' Premiere Viewed for 88 Million Hours, 'Stranger Things' Dethroned by 'Virgin River'". Variety. Retrieved July 28, 2022.
- Hailu, Selome (August 2, 2022). "'Stranger Things 4' Fails to Break 'Squid Game' Record as Most Popular Netflix TV Season Ever". Variety. Retrieved August 3, 2022.
- Nielsen Korea ratings:
- "Ep. 1" (in Korean). Nielsen Korea. Retrieved June 30, 2022 – via Daum.
- "Ep. 2". Nielsen Korea (in Korean). June 30, 2022. Retrieved July 1, 2022.
- "Ep. 3". Nielsen Korea (in Korean). July 6, 2022. Retrieved July 7, 2022.
- "Ep. 4". Nielsen Korea (in Korean). July 7, 2022. Retrieved July 8, 2022.
- "Ep. 5". Nielsen Korea (in Korean). July 13, 2022. Retrieved July 14, 2022.
- "Ep. 6". Nielsen Korea (in Korean). July 14, 2022. Retrieved July 15, 2022.
- "Ep. 7". Nielsen Korea (in Korean). July 20, 2022. Retrieved July 21, 2022.
- "Ep. 8". Nielsen Korea (in Korean). July 21, 2022. Retrieved July 22, 2022.
- "Ep. 9". Nielsen Korea (in Korean). July 27, 2022. Retrieved July 28, 2022.
- "Ep. 10". Nielsen Korea (in Korean). July 28, 2022. Retrieved July 29, 2022.
- "Ep. 11". Nielsen Korea (in Korean). August 3, 2022. Retrieved August 4, 2022.
- "Ep. 12". Nielsen Korea (in Korean). August 4, 2022. Retrieved August 5, 2022.
- "Ep. 13". Nielsen Korea (in Korean). August 10, 2022. Retrieved August 11, 2022.
- "Ep. 14". Nielsen Korea (in Korean). August 11, 2022. Retrieved August 12, 2022.
- "ENA's 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' to become webtoon series". The Korea Herald. July 6, 2022. Retrieved July 7, 2022 – via Naver.
- Lee, Jae-lim (July 14, 2022). "'Extraordinary Attorney Woo' could be set for a US remake". Korea JoongAng Daily. Retrieved July 19, 2022 – via Naver.