Ströer SE & Co. KGaA is a German out-of-home advertising, online advertising, billboards and street furniture company with headquarters in Cologne. Aside from Germany, the company's core markets are Poland, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium and the United Kingdom. The publicly traded company is listed in the SDAX and the Prime Standard segment of the Frankfurter Börse. In 2019, the revenue was 1.6 billion euro.
|Type||SE & Co. KGaA|
|Industry||Mass media, out-of-home advertising|
|Revenue||1,600 million EUR (2019)|
Number of employees
Criticism: Advertising Tobacco to ChildrenEdit
Despite European laws prohibiting nicotine marketing in public places, Ströer Media in Germany relentlessly exploits loopholes in national legislation to advertise for tobacco, furthermore, specifically targeting young people. In German cities, notably Mainz and Hildesheim, the company repeatedly places advertising signs directly in front of schools, Kindergartens and playgrounds.
- "Ströer Annual Report 2016". Stroeer.com.
- "Ströer International". www.Stroeer.com. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- "STRÖER Aktie - Aktienkurs - 749399 - Börse Frankfurt". www.Boerse-Erankfurt.de. Retrieved 9 July 2017.
- "Auf einen Blick". www.Stroeer.com (in German). Retrieved 28 September 2020.
- "Ströer übernimmt Interactive Media und T-online.de". OneToOne.de (in German).
- Treija, Ieva (21 December 2015). "Big Exit in Germany: Ströer SE acquires global data and business intelligence platform Statista for roughly € 57 million". EU-Startups. Retrieved 20 June 2017.
- Editors, EuropaWire PR. "Ströer announces increase in Statista shareholding". EuropaWire.eu. Retrieved 2020-08-16.CS1 maint: extra text: authors list (link)
- "UNITED ONLINE COMPLETES SALE OF STAYFRIENDS". ACXIT Capital Partners. 25 May 2016. Retrieved 20 June 2017.
[U.O.] announced on May 24, 2016 that it has completed the sale of the stock of its wholly owned subsidiaries comprising the StayFriends’ business, the Company’s European websites for social networking services, to Ströer SE & Co. KGaA (DE: SAX) (“Ströer”), a leading provider of out-of-home and online advertising services based in Germany, for a total cash consideration of 16.0 million euros
- Business, INTERNET WORLD (3 May 2017). "16 Millionen Euro für StayFriends: Ströers Daten-Deal" [16 million euros for StayFriends]. INTERNET WORLD Business (in German). Retrieved 20 June 2017.
It’s all about data
- Hauck, Bastian (2019): Wirbel um Tabakwerbung vor Mainzer Kindergarten In: Mainzer Allgemeine Zeitung vom 20. Mai 2019
- Beckert, Heiko (2020): Ortsbeirat Mainz-Altstadt weist Ströer in die Schranken In: Mainzer Allgemeine Zeitung vom 24. Juni 2020