|Directed by||Mark Frost|
|Produced by||Edward R. Pressman|
|Written by||Mark Frost|
|Music by||Carter Burwell|
|Cinematography||Ronald Víctor García|
|Edited by||B.J. Sears|
Grand Bay Films International Pty.
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox|
|August 26, 1992|
Cray Fowler, a young candidate for congress, is filmed with a prostitute as blackmail. As he investigates, Fowler discovers some family secrets involving his father and their political careers.
- James Spader as Cray Fowler
- Joanne Whalley-Kilmer as Natalie Tate
- Jason Robards as Clifford Fowler
- Piper Laurie as Constance Fowler
- Charlotte Lewis as Lee Tran
- Michael Warren as Nathan LeFleur
- Michael Parks as Michael Trevallian
- Chuck McCann as Pudge Herman
- Charles Haid as Abe Choate
- Woody Strode as Charlie Sumpter
- Justine Shapiro as Melanie Fowler
- George Cheung as Xang Tran
- Steve Forrest as Judge Quentin Murdoch
- Jeff Perry as Peter Dandridge
In his contemporary review, Roger Ebert gave the film 3.5 out of 4 stars, writing, "Storyville is a movie for people who like New Orleans better when it is dark and mysterious. It is for romantics. It is not for pragmatists, who will complain that the characters do not behave according to perfect logic, and that there are holes in its plot. They will be right, of course – this is not an airtight movie – but they will have missed the point, and the fun."
James Spader's performance was praised by critics, including Vincent Canby of The New York Times who wrote, "Mr. Spader may have won prizes for Sex, Lies, and Videotape but he comes of age as an actor in Storyville. The performance is clean, uncluttered and often funny, without sidestepping the material."
Canby also praised the film's cinematography and Frost's directing, invoking Frost's collaboration with David Lynch on Twin Peaks, and calling the film "far less of a tease than the television series, a good deal shorter and much more fun."
- Storyville on IMDb Retrieved July 10, 2013
- Storyville at Rotten Tomatoes Retrieved July 10, 2013
- Ebert, Roger (October 9, 1992). "Storyville". Retrieved July 10, 2013.
- Oliphant, James (October 14, 2003). "DVD Review: Storyville (1992)". PopMatters. Retrieved July 10, 2013.
- Hinson, Hal (October 9, 1992). "Storyville". Washington Post. Retrieved July 10, 2013.
- Canby, Vincent (August 26, 1992). "Movie Review: Storyville (1992)". New York Times. Retrieved July 10, 2013.