This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
StormCrawler is an open-source collection of resources for building low-latency, scalable web crawlers on Apache Storm. It is provided under Apache License and is written mostly in Java (programming language).
|Initial release||September 11, 2014|
1.15 / September 19, 2019
StormCrawler is modular and consists of a core module, which provides the basic building blocks of a web crawler such as fetching, parsing, URL filtering. Apart from the core components, the project also provide external resources, like for instance spout and bolts for Elasticsearch and Apache Solr or a ParserBolt which uses Apache Tika to parse various document formats.
The project is used in production by various companies.
Linux.com published a Q&A in October 2016 with the author of StormCrawler. InfoQ ran one in December 2016. A comparative benchmark with Apache Nutch was published in January 2017 on dzone.com.
Several research papers mentioned the use of StormCrawler in 2018, in particular:
- The generation of a multi-million page corpus for the Persian language.
- The SIREN - Security Information Retrieval and Extraction eNgine.
The project WIKI contains a list of videos and slides available online.
- "Powered By · DigitalPebble/storm-crawler Wiki · GitHub". Github.com. 2017-03-02. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- "StormCrawler: An Open Source SDK for Building Web Crawlers with ApacheStorm | Linux.com | The source for Linux information". Linux.com. 2016-10-12. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- "Julien Nioche on StormCrawler, Open-Source Crawler Pipelines Backed by Apache Storm". Infoq.com. 2016-12-15. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- "The Battle of the Crawlers: Apache Nutch vs. StormCrawler - DZone Big Data". Dzone.com. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- "MirasText: An Automatically Generated Text Corpus for Persian".
- Sanagavarapu, Lalit Mohan; Mathur, Neeraj; Agrawal, Shriyansh; Reddy, Y. Raghu (2018). Advances in Information Retrieval. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. 10772. pp. 811–814. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-76941-7_81. ISBN 978-3-319-76940-0.
- "Presentations · DigitalPebble/storm-crawler Wiki · GitHub". Github.com. 2017-04-04. Retrieved 2017-04-19.