Still (Pete Sinfield album)
Still (also known as Stillusion) is the first solo album released in 1973 by Pete Sinfield, lyricist of progressive rock band King Crimson. At the time, Sinfield was involved with Emerson, Lake & Palmer, and Greg Lake assisted with vocals, while King Crimson alumni provided other assistance. The cover artwork depicts "The Big Friend" by German artist Sulamith Wülfing.
|Studio album by Pete Sinfield|
|Recorded||October 1972 - January 1973|
|Studio||Command Studios, London|
|Genre||Progressive rock, art rock|
All lyrics and music composed by Pete Sinfield; except where indicated
- "The Song of the Sea Goat" (music: Antonio Vivaldi, Pete Sinfield, Phil Jump) 6:07
- "Under the Sky" (music: Ian McDonald) 4:21
- "Will It Be You" (music: Alan Mennie, Pete Sinfield, Phil Jump, Richard Brunton, Steve Dolan) 2:42
- "Wholefood Boogie" (music: Alan Mennie, Pete Sinfield, Phil Jump, Richard Brunton, Steve Dolan) 3:38
- "Still" (music: Alan Mennie, Pete Sinfield, Phil Jump, Richard Brunton, Steve Dolan) 4:48
- "Envelopes of Yesterday" 6:20
- "The Piper" 2:51
- "A House of Hopes and Dreams" 4:09
- "The Night People" (music: Mel Collins, Pete Sinfield, Phil Jump, Richard Brunton) 7:54
1993 CD re-issue includes alternates mixes of all nine songs as well as two extra tracks: "Hanging Fire" and "Can You Forgive a Fool?"
- Peter Sinfield - vocals, twelve-string guitar, synthesizer, production, cover design
- Greg Lake - vocals, electric guitar, associate producer, mixing
- W.G. Snuffy Walden - electric guitar
- Keith Christmas - guitar
- Richard Brunton - guitar
- B.J. Cole - steel guitar
- Boz Burrell - bass guitar
- John Wetton - bass guitar
- Steve Dolan - bass guitar
- Keith Tippett - piano on "The Song of the Sea Goat"
- Tim Hinkley - piano, electric piano
- Brian Flowers - synthesizer
- Phil Jump - glockenspiel, keyboards, Hammond organ, electric piano, piano, organ, synthesizer
- Mel Collins - alto flute, bass flute, alto saxophone, tenor saxophone, baritone saxophone, celeste, arranger, associate producer, mixing
- Don Honeywell - baritone saxophone on "The Night People"
- Robin Miller - English horn
- Greg Bowen - trumpet
- Stan Roderick - trumpet
- Chris Pyne - trombone
- Ian Wallace - drums, snare drum
- Alan "Min" Mennie - drums, percussion
- Mel Collins - associate producer, mixing assistant
- Greg Lake - associate producer for vocals, mixing
- Andy Hendriksen, Phil Lever, Ray Hendriksen, Peter Gallen - engineer
- Thompson, Dave. "Still - Peter Sinfield | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards | AllMusic". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 16 January 2014.
- based on themes from Vivaldi's Lute Concerto in D.min:"Still ~ The Song of the Sea Goat". www.songsouponsea.com. Retrieved 2011-01-09.
|This 1970s album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|