This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Stig Olin, né Högberg (11 September 1920 – 28 June 2008) was a Swedish actor, theatre director, songwriter and singer. He was the father of actress Lena Olin and singer Mats Olin. He was married to film actresses Britta Holmberg and Helena Kallenbäck. 
Stig Olin in Filmjournalen, 1947.
11 September 1920
|Died||28 June 2008 (aged 87)|
|Occupation||Actor, theatre director, songwriter, singer|
|Known for||The Word|
Flickan från tredje raden
(m. 1944; div. 1980)
(m. 1980; div. 1990)
Olin had a successful acting career, appearing in lead roles in a number of early Ingmar Bergman films, including Torment/Frenzy (Swedish: Hets) (1944; Bergman's script debut), Crisis (1946), Kvinna utan ansikte (Woman Without a Face) (1947; script by Bergman), Port of Call (1948), Eva (1948; script by Bergman), Prison (1949), To Joy (1950), Summer Interlude (1951) and Divorced (1951; script by Bergman). 
Successful film roles also included a love struck student in the Sickan Carlsson film Klasskamrater (1952), Ernst in his own popular children's film Rasmus, Pontus och Toker (1956) and the scrubby old Potato-Algot in Jim och piraterna Blom (1987), directed by Hans Alfredson (from Hasse & Tage). 
Film and play directorEdit
Olin then moved on to directing for both film and stage in the 1950s, 60s and 70s, focusing on comedies and musicals (including the original Swedish staging of Stephen Sondheim's A Little Night Music in 1978). In 1970 he became Director of Programmes at Swedish Radio, including the Swedish radio theatre, where he also directed a number of plays.
He was also a songwriter with En gång jag seglar i hamn, På söndag, Människors glädje, Jag tror på sommaren and Karusellvisan, a.o.
- Tre kärlekar (1991)
- Jim och piraterna Blom (1987)
- Det svänger på slottet (1959, writer with Hasse Ekman)
- Du är mitt äventyr (1958, director, writer Hasse Ekman & Stig Olin)
- Gäst i eget hus (1957, writer & director)
- Sjunde himlen (1956, speaker)
- Rasmus, Pontus och Toker (1956, director)
- Sceningång (1956)
- Gula divisionen (1954, director)
- I dur och skur (1953, director)
- Resan till dej (1953, director & writer with Hasse Ekman)
- Klasskamrater (1952)
- Sånt händer inte här (1950)
- Kvartetten som sprängdes (1950)
- Prison (1949)
- Flickan från tredje raden (1949)
- Jens Mansson in America (1947)
- Crisis (1946)
- Johansson and Vestman (1946)
- Rötägg (1946)
- Ballongen (1946)
- Oss tjuvar emellan eller En burk ananas (1945)
- Torment (1944)
- Ordet (1943)
- Göranssons pojke (1941)
- Bright Prospects (1941)
- The Fight Continues (1941)
- Skådespelaren Stig Olin har avlidit Svenska Dagbladet
- "Stig Olin Actor and director 1920–2008". ingmarbergman.se. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
- "Lena Olin". ingmarbergman.se. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
- "Mats Olin". svenskfilmdatabas.se. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
- "Helena Kallenbäck-Trolle". kallenback-trolle.com. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
- "Filmmaker Stig Olin". Variety. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
- "Stig Olin". bfi.org. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
- "Stig Olin, actor/composer". bafta.org. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Stig Olin.|
|This article about a Swedish actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|