|Years of service||1991–present|
|Commands held||Combined Task Force 150|
UK Carrier Strike Group
HMS Prince of Wales
|Battles/wars||Sierra Leone Civil War|
War in Afghanistan
|Awards||Commander of the Order of the British Empire|
Moorhouse joined the Royal Navy on 18 September 1991. After qualifying as an airborne early warning specialist, he became successively commanding officer of the offshore patrol vessel, HMS Severn, the offshore patrol vessel, HMS Clyde, and the frigate, HMS Lancaster. He went on to command the landing platform helicopter, HMS Ocean and then, from September 2018, the aircraft carrier, HMS Prince of Wales.
Moorhouse became Commander United Kingdom Carrier Strike Group in December 2019, which role included leading the United Kingdom Carrier Strike Group 21 deployment to the Far East and a tour as commander of Combined Task Force 150; he then became Director of Force Generation in January 2022.
Moorhouse was appointed an Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in the 2015 New Year Honours, and promoted to Commander of the same order (CBE) in Operational Honours on 25 November 2022.
- "No. 54846". The London Gazette (Supplement). 28 July 1997. p. 8656.
- "Captain Steve Moorhousde" (PDF). Royal Navy. Retrieved 6 February 2022.
- "Commodore Steve Moorhouse: Who Is The Former HMS Queen Elizabeth Captain?". Forces.net. 14 January 2020. Retrieved 6 February 2022.
- Mackie, Colin. "Admirals February 2022" (PDF). gulabin.com. Colin Mackie. Retrieved 6 February 2022.
- "No. 61092". The London Gazette (Supplement). 31 December 2014. p. N6.
- "No. 63886". The London Gazette (Supplement). 25 November 2022. p. 22602.