Steve A. Linick
|Occupation||U.S. Department of State Inspector General|
Early life and educationEdit
Linick began his tenure as the Inspector General for the U.S. Department of State on September 30, 2013. As Inspector General, Linick is the senior official responsible for identifying operational risks within the Department of State and the U.S. Agency for Global Media, assessing the sufficiency of internal controls, and conducting administrative and criminal investigations of waste, fraud, mismanagement, and misconduct. He is responsible for providing oversight to more than 70,000 Department of State and U.S. Agency for Global Media employees, 270 overseas missions and other facilities worldwide, and more than $70 billion in Department of State, U.S. Agency for Global Media, and foreign assistance resources. He also serves as the Associate Inspector General for designated overseas contingency operations.
Before his appointment to this position, he served as the first Inspector General of the Federal Housing Finance Agency from 2010 until 2013.
Linick’s professional memberships have included: the President’s Financial Fraud Enforcement Task Force; the Council of the Inspectors General on Integrity and Efficiency’s (CIGIE) Investigations Committee; the CIGIE Legislation Committee; the Council of the Inspectors General on Financial Oversight; and the Residential Mortgage-Backed Securities Working Group.
Linick served as an Assistant United States Attorney in California (1994-1999) and Virginia (1999-2006). He also served as both Executive Director of the Department of Justice’s National Procurement Fraud Task Force and Deputy Chief of its Fraud Section in the Criminal Division from 2006 to 2010. During his tenure at the Department of Justice, he supervised and participated in white-collar criminal fraud cases involving, among other things, corruption and contract fraud against the U.S. in Iraq and Afghanistan. 
- Jennifer Hansler and Devan Cole (October 2, 2019). "Who is the State Department inspector general briefing Congress today?". cnn.com. Retrieved October 3, 2019.CS1 maint: uses authors parameter (link)
- "President Obama Announces More Key Administration Posts". whitehouse.gov. June 27, 2013. Retrieved December 10, 2018.
- "PN636 - Nomination of Steve A. Linick for Department of State, 113th Congress (2013-2014)". Congress.gov. September 17, 2013. Retrieved December 10, 2018.
- "Steve A. Linick, Inspector General". Office of Inspector General. United States Government. December 3, 2014. Retrieved November 17, 2018.
- "State Dept. Finally Fills Vacant Position After Cruz Pledged to Block Nominees". Weekly Standard. Weekly Standard. June 29, 2013. Retrieved November 17, 2018.
- VOA News (October 2, 2019). "Democrats Puzzled by State IG's 'Urgent' Meeting". voanews.com. Retrieved October 3, 2019.
- "Giuliani says State Dept vowed to investigate after he gave Ukraine docs to Pompeo".