Steve Ciarcia is an embedded control systems engineer. He became popular through his Ciarcia's Circuit Cellar column in BYTE magazine, and later through the Circuit Cellar magazine that he published. He is also the author of Build Your Own Z80 Computer, edited in 1981 and Take My Computer...Please!, published in 1978. He has also compiled seven volumes of his hardware project articles that appeared in BYTE magazine.
In December 2009, Steve Ciarcia announced that for the American market a strategic cooperation would be entered between Elektor and his Circuit Cellar magazine. In November 2012, Steve Ciarcia announced that he was quitting Circuit Cellar and Elektor would take it over.
In October 2014, Ciarcia purchased Circuit Cellar, audioXpress, Voice Coil, Loudspeaker Industry Sourcebook, and their respective websites, newsletters, and products from Netherlands-based Elektor International Media. The aforementioned magazines will continue to be published by Ciarcia's US-based team.
- Ciarcia, Steve (November 1982). "Build the Circuit Cellar MPX-16 Computer System". BYTE. p. 78. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- Ciarcia, Steve (December 1982). "Build the Circuit Cellar MPX-16 Computer System / Part 2". BYTE. p. 42. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- Ciarcia, Steve (January 1983). "Build the Circuit Cellar MPX-16 Computer System / Part 3". BYTE. p. 54. Retrieved 19 October 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-01-03. Retrieved 2010-01-07.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Ciarcia Onward and Upward; Circuit Cellar; November 26, 2012.