Stephen Wilkins (born 31 August 1959) is an English retired footballer who played as a midfielder in the Football League for Brentford. After his release in 1978, he embarked on a long career in non-League football and made a return to professional play for a brief period with Peterborough United in 1985. He is a member of the Wilkins football family, with his father George and brothers Ray, Dean and Graham also being former professional footballers.
|Date of birth||31 August 1959|
|Place of birth||Hillingdon, England|
|Walton & Hersham|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Wilkins began his career as an apprentice at Chelsea and departed in 1978 without making a senior appearance. He joined Third Division club Brentford on trial during the 1978–79 pre-season and made his Football League debut early in the regular season. He departed Griffin Park a short time afterwards and embarked on a career in non-League football, playing for Dagenham, Walthamstow Avenue, Ruislip Manor, Hayes, Chesham United and Hendon. While with Isthmian League Premier Division club Hendon, Wilkins moved to Fourth Division club Peterborough United on non-contract terms in early 1985. He made one appearance for the club, which came in a 2–0 Football League Trophy Southern Section first round second leg defeat to rivals Cambridge United on 5 February. He later played for Farnborough Town, Ruislip Manor (second spell), Staines Town and Walton & Hersham. He also had a spell playing in New Zealand.
|Club||Season||League||FA Cup||League Cup||Other||Total|
|Hendon||1983–84||Isthmian League Premier Division||33||8||3||1||—||7[a]||1||43||10|
|Peterborough United||1984–85||Fourth Division||0||0||—||—||1[d]||0||1||0|
|Farnborough Town||1986–87||Isthmian League Premier Division||5||1||0||0||—||0||0||5||1|
- 3 appearances and 1 goal in Middlesex Senior Cup, 2 appearances in Isthmian League Cup, 1 appearance in FA Trophy, 1 appearance in London Senior Cup
- 3 appearances in Middlesex Senior Charity Cup, 2 appearances in Middlesex Senior Cup, 1 appearance and 1 goal in Isthmian League Cup, 1 appearance in FA Trophy
- 2 appearances in Middlesex Senior Cup
- Appearance in Football League Trophy
- Haynes, Graham; Coumbe, Frank (2006). Timeless Bees: Brentford F.C. Who's Who 1920–2006. Yore Publications. p. 169. ISBN 978-0955294914.
- Croxford, Mark; Lane, David; Waterman, Greville (2011). The Big Brentford Book of the Seventies. Sunbury, Middlesex: Legends Publishing. pp. 288–289. ISBN 978-1906796709.
- "Whiskey – Wilkinson". Hayes & Yeading United FC: The Official Website. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- "Former Staff – Steve Wilkins". Greensnet – Official Hendon FC. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- "Steve Wilkins". UpThePosh! The Peterborough United Database. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- "Cambridge Utd 2 – 0 Peterborough Utd (05/02/1985)". UpThePosh! The Peterborough United Database. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- Pollock, Alister. "Player Details". farnboroughfc.com. Archived from the original on 3 December 2014. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- "Match Details". Greensnet – Official Hendon FC. Retrieved 16 January 2017.
- White, Eric, ed. (1989). 100 Years Of Brentford. Brentford FC. p. 395. ISBN 0951526200.