Stephen Carpenter (writer)
Stephen Carpenter, born in Weatherford, Texas, and raised in Kansas City, Missouri, is an American writer, director, and cinematographer with nine films and two television works to his credit, and more in development.
Weatherford, Texas, U.S.
|Alma mater||University of California, Los Angeles|
|Occupation||Writer, film director and cinematographer|
|Known for||NBC television series Grimm|
Carpenter has been writing since 7th grade. He graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles School of Theater, Film and Television. He lectures on writing and story structure at the University of Southern California's School of Cinematic Arts.
His screenplays include The Man, starring Samuel L. Jackson and Eugene Levy, Blue Streak, starring Martin Lawrence, and others. He has written and directed several thrillers, including Soul Survivors, starring Eliza Dushku and Casey Affleck. His most recent (2011) creation is the NBC television series, Grimm, which premiered in the 2011 fall season.
Carpenter's first novel, Killer, published in 2010 on Amazon Kindle was No. 1 on Amazon's Mystery/Thriller lists, and was characterized as "a blockbuster debut" by Entertainment Weekly. His latest book, Killer in the Hills, was published by Amazon in December 2011. He is currently (December 2011) developing a one-hour mystery series for NBC.
- Stephen Carpenter, https://www.amazon.com/Stephen-Carpenter/e/B004GARHHO, accessed December 17, 2011.
- Stephen Carpenter: About Me, http://www.blogger.com/profile/03826762138270999777, accessed December 17, 2011.
- Internet Movie Database.com: Stephen Carpenter, https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0139461/, accessed December 17, 2011.
- The New York Times: Stephen Carpenter, http://movies.nytimes.com/person/84229/Stephen-Carpenter/filmography, accessed December 17, 2011.
- E. J. Stevens: Guest Author Interview: Stephen Carpenter, http://www.fromtheshadows.info/2011/01/guest-author-interview-stephen.html, Thursday, January 13, 2011.