Stephanie Lynn Pratt (born April 11, 1986) is an American television personality. In 2007, she came to prominence after being cast in a supporting position in the reality television series The Hills, which documented the personal and professional lives of Lauren Conrad, Heidi Montag, Audrina Patridge, and Whitney Port. In 2010, the series underwent several casting adjustments and saw Pratt become a primary cast member, joining Patridge, Lo Bosworth, and Kristin Cavallari.
Stephanie Lynn Pratt
April 11, 1986
|Education||Crossroads High School|
|Alma mater||Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising|
|Occupation||Television personality, model|
|Television||The Hills (2007–2010, 2019–)|
Made in Chelsea (2013–)
Celebrity Big Brother (2014)
Celebs Go Dating (2016)
|Relatives||Spencer Pratt (brother)|
In 2006, MTV developed the reality television series The Hills as the spin-off of Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County. It originally chronicled the lives of Lauren Conrad, who appeared on its predecessor, her housemate Heidi Montag, and friends Audrina Patridge and Whitney Port. In 2007, Pratt's brother Spencer began dating and later moved into an apartment with Montag, which led to the deterioration of her friendship with Conrad.
During the third season, Conrad ended her friendship with Montag after she suspected that Spencer was responsible for rumors of a sex tape involving her and her former boyfriend Jason Wahler; the ensuing feud between the three carried through each subsequent season. During production of the third season, Stephanie first appeared on the series while angrily confronting Conrad at a club. However, upon the realization that they attend the same college, they became friends. Their relationship put a burden on Pratt's relationship with her brother and Montag, who reacted by beginning to alienate her.
The fourth season saw Pratt's role increased, with more emphasis placed on her personal life and her past drug abuse. During the fifth season, Stephanie worked with Lauren at Kelly Cutrone's People's Revolution, though Lauren ended Pratt's internship, per Cutrone's orders, due to poor performance. Conrad left the series after the first half of the season.
The second half of the season continued with Kristin Cavallari hired as the replacement narrator. Pratt and Cavallari began as rivals due to conflicts about Audrina Patridge's ex-boyfriend and a report linking Cavallari to drug use, though they would become friends during the following season. Pratt also became friends with Audrina and Lo Bosworth during the season.
Despite rumors of not returning after the fifth, Pratt returned and was featured as a main cast member in the sixth and final season. Stephanie talks of her DUI arrest, and her sibling rivalry with Spencer became more intense as his behavior became more erratic. Stephanie and the rest of the cast either did not mention Spencer or Heidi after the two were permanently axed from the series, or kept their comments focused on how no one knew what the couple were up to, and had avoided any recent contact with them. The Hills ended its series run on July 13, 2010.
In 2013, Pratt made several appearances on television in the United Kingdom. This included being a guest on the spin-off of Celebrity Big Brother, as well as making a special appearance from episodes two onwards on season 6 of E4's Made in Chelsea, a British equivalent of The Hills. Pratt continued her role on the reality-series for the seventh series broadcast from April 2014. Furthermore, Pratt had a recurring role on spin-off show Made in Chelsea: NYC, which was broadcast from August 2014. On 18 August 2014, she entered the Celebrity Big Brother house for the fourteenth series as a housemate. Pratt lasted 19 days inside the house, before exiting on 5 September 2014. Pratt returned with a feature role for the eighth series of Made in Chelsea and met new boyfriend Josh Shepherd on the reality-programme. The couple's relationship moved from strength to strength with the pair enjoying Christmas of 2014 in Barbados. The couple then broken up during the filming of Made in Chelsea: LA.
In 2015, Pratt released a memoir, Made in Reality: From the Hills of L.A. to London's Made in Chelsea, where she talks about how she developed a crystal meth addiction as a teen and struggled with bulimia.[better source needed]
At the 2018 MTV Video Music Awards, MTV announced a reboot of The Hills entitled The Hills: New Beginnings, slated to premiere in 2019. Pratt was announced as part of the cast of the new series.
In 2017, Pratt launched her own collection for Goddiva.
Pratt is the younger sister of Spencer Pratt, and the sister-in-law of Heidi Montag (both of whom were on The Hills). She has struggled with bulimia in the past due to the pressure to be thin stemming from appearing alongside very thin co-stars on the show.
In May 2006, while Stephanie was in Oahu on the scene of Lost, she was arrested for stealing $1300 worth of clothing from Neiman Marcus. She was charged with second degree theft, and while in custody, police also found drugs in Stephanie's possession. 
In 2009, Stephanie was arrested for DUI after Holly Montag's birthday. Stephanie claimed she drank one glass of wine, but blew a 0.08 after being pulled over for tinted windows. She was released after paying $5000 bail and being sentenced to three year's probation, which she successfully completed. 
|2007–2010||The Hills||Herself||Season 3–5 (recurring), season 6 (main); 58 episodes|
|2012||The Hit List with Stephanie Pratt||Herself—Host|
|2013-2017||Made in Chelsea||Herself||Series 6, (recurring), Series 7 (main), NYC (recurring), Series 8 - 13 (main); 67 episodes|
|2015||Reality Bites||Herself—Team Member||"Episode #1.3" (Season 1, episode 3)|
|2014||Celebrity Big Brother||Herself||Series 14|
|2016||Celebs Go Dating||Herself||5 episodes|
|2017||Drunk History: UK||Lady Of The Lake||"Episode #3.3" (Season 3, episode 3)|
|Virtually Famous||Herself—Panelist||"Episode #4.2" (Season 4, episode 2)|
|2018||The Story of Reality TV||Herself||TV Movie documentary|
|2019||The Hills: New Beginnings||Herself||main cast member|
- Virginia Heffernan (May 31, 2006). "'The Hills,' a Follow-Up to 'Laguna Beach,' Makes Its Premiere on MTV". The New York Times. The New York Times Company. Retrieved May 10, 2013.
- "The Hills (Season 2) Ep. 208: Enough Is Enough". MTV. Viacom. Retrieved May 10, 2013.
- "The Hills (Season 2) Ep. 212: Goodbye For Now". MTV. Viacom. Retrieved April 21, 2013.
- "The Hills (Season 3) Ep. 301: You Know What You Did". MTV. Viacom. Retrieved May 10, 2013.
- "The Hills (Season 3) Ep. 321: An Unexpected Friend". MTV. Viacom. March 24, 2008. Retrieved May 16, 2013.
- "The Hills (Season 3) Ep. 322: When Spencer Finds Out..." MTV. Viacom. March 31, 2008. Retrieved May 16, 2013.
- "'The Hills' Series Finale Marked By Life Decisions". MTV News. Retrieved 12 October 2014.
- "Stephanie Pratt Poses Topless, Is Releasing a Tell-All". 31 March 2015.
- Corriston, Michele. "MTV Announces The Hills Reboot at the 2018 VMAs". People. Retrieved August 20, 2018.
- Ramos, Dino-Ray. "'The Hills' Is Heading Back To MTV With 'New Beginnings'". Deadline. Retrieved August 20, 2018.
- Nyren, Erin. "MTV Reboots 'The Hills' With Original Cast Members". Variety. Retrieved August 20, 2018.
- "Stephanie Pratt Poses Topless, Is Releasing a Tell-All". E! Online. 31 March 2015. Retrieved 2019-03-16.
- Vincent (2010-06-04). "Stephanie Pratt". RUNWAY ® MAGAZINE OFFICIAL. Retrieved 2019-03-16.
- "Stephanie Pratt urges ladies to wear underwear as she launches new collection". Metro. 2017-09-26. Retrieved 2017-09-30.
- "'HILLS' STAR SAYS THIN CO-STARS BROUGHT HER TO BULIMIA". Today. Archived from the original on July 7, 2009. Retrieved May 5, 2010.
- Parvizi, Lauren (April 23, 2010). "Stephanie Pratt strips for PETA". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved April 24, 2010.