Stephanie Marrian (born 9 October 1948 in Singapore) is a former model, the first Page 3 model in The Sun newspaper, pop star and TV & film actress. The correct spelling of her given name is Stefanie.
9 October 1948
|Height||5 ft 2 in (1.57 m)|
Stephanie was the first Page 3 model in the The Sun newspaper in the 17 November 1970 edition, where she was named as Stephanie Rahn. Stephanie was using her father's surname of Khan at the time, a sub editor at the newspaper misread her surname German surname, Rahn. From 1973 to 1978, using the name Stefanie Marrian, her mother's surname, she appeared regularly as the Page 3 girl. In this role she was featured in the 2017 stage production of Ink, played by Pearl Chanda and directed by Rupert Goold, at the Almeida Theatre, London.
Marrian was a glamour model throughout the 1970s, appearing topless and nude in magazines, papers and calendars world-wide. Along with two other Page Three models, Gillian Duxbury and Mona Solomons, she was a member of a pop group called Page Three.
Family and personal lifeEdit
Marrian was born Stefanie Khan to an Indian father and an English mother; other sources erroneously stated that she is German and her birth surname was Rahn.
In her late teens Marrian was involved with the comedian Benny Hill, however she never appeared in The Benny Hill Show. Marrian had a long term relationship with an actor boyfriend Alan Tucker. She was briefly engaged to the music promoter Rod MacSween. In February 1988, MacSween was granted a restraining order against Marrian after she had become obsessed trying to re-kindle the failed relationship. In 1988 Marrian appeared in court when she broke the restraining order by phoning MacSween and writing to MacSween's new fiancée. Stephanie was found guilty of contempt of court and was given a 28-day suspended sentence.
Marrian now lives alone in North West London.
Television and film appearancesEdit
British TV programmes include:
- as cross girl in Callan (1970)
- as a student in Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em (1973)
- The Cut Price Comedy Show (1982)
- as Susan in Confessions Of A Sex Maniac (1974), starring Roger Lloyd-Pack
- as Lesley in Can You Keep It Up for a Week? (1974), starring Jeremy Bulloch
- as Girl in Hotel in The World Is Full of Married Men (1979)
- as Lady Marie in the Mel Brooks film History of the World, Part I (1981)
- as Hotel Receptionist in Green Ice (1981), starring Ryan O'Neal
- Kennedy, Monika (24 January 2015). "BILD-Besuch bei Stephanie Marrian (66) - Was macht eigentlich die erste Nackte aus der „Sun“?". Bild.de (in English and German). Retrieved 15 October 2015.
- Tripney, Natasha (28 June 2017). "Ink starring Bertie Carvel". The Stage.