This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
He began as an apprentice for the trainer Robert Collet, and rode in his first race on 6 December 1994, on Raspoutine at Saint-Cloud Racecourse. His first victory was in his second race, riding Floris at Amiens racecourse on 9 September 1995.
Stéphane Pasquier is a turbulent and strong character, and confesses to have lost his way in 1997, needing guidance from Robert Collet to help him back. Pasquier won his first Listed Race in 1999, then his first Group 3 race in May 2001, riding Acceleration in the Prix Corrida.
During the winter of 2001-2002, he rode in Singapore and on returning to France won his first Group 2 race, the Prix Greffulhe. His first ride in the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe followed in October 2002, finishing 8th on Fair Mix.
After continued successes in Group races throughout 2003, in July 2004, his talent allowed him to join the prestigious Daniel Wildenstein stable as second jockey alongside the number one, Olivier Peslier.
In early 2006, everything was fine for Stéphane Pasquier, winning a lot of races. But in the summer, he had a bizarre accident whilst watching the 2006 FIFA World Cup final, breaking a glass in his hands when David Trézéguet's penalty shot hit the crossbar. The injury was expected to keep him out of racing for two months, but his strong character helped him to come back sooner. In late August, he resumed racing, and soon started winning again. In October, he rode an outsider Rail Link in the Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe, and was a surprise winner.
In 2007, Stéphane Pasquier is awarded his first Cravache d'Or, riding 185 winners in the season.
On 1 Nov 2014 he rode Karakontie for Jonathan Pease to win the Breeders Cup Mile (GI) at Santa Anita Park (US)
- Critérium International - (1) - Thewayyouare (2007)
- Critérium de Saint-Cloud - (1) - Wonderment (2018)
- Grand Prix de Paris - (2) - Zambezi Sun (2007), Erupt (2015)
- Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe - (1) - Rail Link (2006)
- Prix de la Forêt - (2) - Toylsome (2007), Varenar (2009)
- Prix de Diane - (1) - Senga (2017)
- Poule d'Essai des Poulains - (2) - Lucayan (2012), Karakontie (2014)
- Poule d'Essai des Pouliches - (1) - Special Duty (2010)
- Prix d'Ispahan - (1) - Manduro (2007)
- Prix du Jockey Club - (1) - Study of Man (2018)
- Prix Jacques Le Marois - (1) - Manduro (2007)
- Prix Jean-Luc Lagardère - (1) - Karakontie (2013)
- Prix Marcel Boussac - (1) - Proportional (2008)
- Prix Maurice de Gheest - (1) - Signs of Blessing (2016)
- Prix Royal-Oak - (1) - Westerner (2004)
- Canadian International Stakes - (1) - Erupt (2016)
- 1,000 Guineas Stakes - Special Duty (2010)
- Cheveley Park Stakes - (1) - Special Duty (2009)
- Prince of Wales's Stakes - (1) - Manduro (2007)
- Sprint Cup - (1) - African Rose (2008)
- Gran Criterium - Law Enforcement (2012)
- Breeders' Cup Mile - Karakontie (2014)