Stefan Birčević (Serbian: Стефан Бирчевић, born 13 December 1989) is a Serbian professional basketball player for Baskets Bonn of the Basketball Bundesliga. He also represents the Serbian national basketball team. Standing at 2.10 m (6 ft 10 1⁄2 in), he plays the power forward position.
|No. 9 – Telekom Baskets Bonn|
Basketball Champions League
|Born||13 December 1989|
Lazarevac, SR Serbia,
|Listed height||2.10 m (6 ft 11 in)|
|Listed weight||100 kg (220 lb)|
|NBA draft||2011 / Undrafted|
Birčević played with Metalac Valjevo, before joining Radnički Kragujevac in the summer of 2011. In August 2014, he moved to Spain and signed with CB Estudiantes. On 13 June 2016 he signed a two-year contract with Serbian club Partizan.
Serbian national teamEdit
Birčević won the gold medal with the Serbian university team at the 2011 Summer Universiade in Shenzhen. Birčević was a member of the Serbian national basketball team that won the silver medal at the 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup.
- Birčević from Kragujevac to Madrid
- "Stefan Birčević je prvo pojačanje Partizana u sezoni 2016/17". kkpartizan.rs (in Serbian). 13 June 2016. Retrieved 13 June 2016.
- "Stefan Bircevic inks with Istanbul BSB". Sportando.com. 13 July 2017. Retrieved 13 July 2017.
- "Baskets verpflichten serbischen Nationalspieler". telekom-baskets-bonn.de. 4 December 2018. Retrieved 4 December 2018.
- "Rio Olympics 2016: USA beat Serbia in men's basketball to win last gold of Games". BBC Sport. 21 August 2016. Retrieved 18 September 2017.
- "Slovenia overcome injuries to claim historic title in Dragic's swansong". FIBA.basketball. 17 September 2017. Retrieved 17 September 2017.