List of starting quarterbacks in the National Football League
In American football, the starting quarterback is typically viewed as the leader of a team. The quarterback is considered the most important position on the field and among the most important positions in team sports. They are among the most high-profile athletes in North America, and have been described as "akin to A-list celebrities". The success of a National Football League (NFL) franchise often rests on the quarterback; thus, teams will go to great lengths to find a "franchise quarterback" to build around for the long term goals of the team.
- Note: The players listed here are the starting quarterbacks of each team's most recently played regular season game and may not reflect roster changes made since that time. Because of this, quarterbacks that have been announced as replacement due to injury or otherwise should not be included until they make their start.
- Wertheim, Jon; Sommers, Sam (February 3, 2016). "Ranking starting quarterbacks by perceived leadership". Sports Illustrated. Retrieved December 11, 2016.
- "Steve Young: Quarterback is the most important position in football". Los Angeles Times. January 28, 2012. Retrieved December 12, 2016.
- Brooks, Bucky (July 27, 2015). "Ranking each position's importance, from quarterback to returner". NFL.com. Retrieved December 12, 2016.
- La Canfora, Jason (June 7, 2016). "Here are the 7 tiers of NFL quarterbacks and where all 32 starters fit in". CBS Sports. Retrieved December 12, 2016.
- Farmer, Sam (April 30, 2016). "NFL draft reiterates the importance of the quarterback position". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved December 12, 2016.
- "Falcons stun first-place Saints, 26-9". ESPN. November 10, 2019. Retrieved January 3, 2020.
- Gonzalez, Alden. "Los Angeles Chargers' Justin Herbert gets start with Tyrod Taylor hurt". ESPN. Retrieved 20 September 2020.
- "Seattle Seahawks at Arizona Cardinals - 2012 Week 1". National Football League. September 5, 2012. Retrieved September 5, 2012.