Star Wars: A New Dawn
Star Wars: A New Dawn is a Star Wars novel by John Jackson Miller, published in September 2014. A prequel to the animated television series Star Wars Rebels, it introduces the characters Kanan Jarrus and Hera Syndulla. A New Dawn was the first novel published in the franchise after Lucasfilm redefined Star Wars continuity in April 2014.
|Author||John Jackson Miller|
|Cover artist||Doug Wheatley|
|Publisher||Del Rey Books|
|September 2, 2014|
|Media type||Print (Hardcover)|
|Pages||400 (First edition, hardcover)|
|ISBN||978-0-553-39286-9 (First edition, hardcover)|
Set eight years after the events of the 2005 film Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith and seven years before Star Wars Rebels, A New Dawn introduces the television series characters Kanan Jarrus and Hera Syndulla.
In April 2014, most of the licensed Star Wars novels and comics produced since the originating 1977 film Star Wars were rebranded by Lucasfilm as Star Wars Legends and declared non-canon to the franchise. A New Dawn was subsequently announced as the first of four canon novels to be released in 2014 and 2015.
It includes a foreword from Dave Filoni, co-creator of Star Wars Rebels.
- Goldman, Eric (August 30, 2014). "Star Wars: A New Dawn Review". IGN. Retrieved May 27, 2016.
- McMilian, Graeme (April 25, 2014). "Lucasfilm Unveils New Plans for Star Wars Expanded Universe". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 26, 2016.
- "The Legendary Star Wars Expanded Universe Turns a New Page". StarWars.com. April 25, 2014. Retrieved May 26, 2016.
- "Disney and Random House announce relaunch of Star Wars Adult Fiction line". StarWars.com. April 25, 2014. Retrieved May 26, 2016.
- Breznican, Anthony (July 16, 2015). "Star Wars: Aftermath novel reveals tragic, violent uprising after Return of the Jedi". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved September 2, 2015.
- Crouse, Megan (April 26, 2016). "5 of Rae Sloane's Greatest Moments". StarWars.com. Retrieved March 10, 2017.