Stanley Mann (August 8, 1928 – January 11, 2016) was a Canadian-born film and television writer. Born in Toronto, he began his writing career in 1951, and was nominated for an Oscar for his work on the 1965 film The Collector, based on the John Fowles novel of the same title. In 1957, he wrote an adaptation of Death of a Salesman for television. Two of his better-known credits are Eye of the Needle and Conan the Destroyer. He appeared in two of the titles, Firestarter and Meteor.
August 8, 1928|
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
January 11, 2016 (aged 87)|
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
He was married to Florence Wood in the 1950s, while living and working in London, England. Following their divorce in 1959, Wood married novelist Mordecai Richler, who adopted Mann's son Daniel.
He died on January 11, 2016.
- The Butler's Night Off (1951 - co-screenplay)
- Death of a Salesman (1957) (television)
- Another Time, Another Place (1958)
- The Mouse That Roared (1959 - co-screenplay)
- His and Hers (1961 - co-screenplay)
- The Mark (1961 - co-screenplay)
- Woman of Straw (1964 - co-screenplay)
- Up from the Beach (1965 - co-screenplay)
- The Collector (1965 - co-screenplay)
- A High Wind in Jamaica (1965 - co-screenplay)
- Rapture (1965)
- The Naked Runner (1967)
- The Strange Affair (1968 - co-screenplay)
- Fräulein Doktor (1969 - writer)
- Russian Roulette (1975 - co-screenplay)
- Sky Riders (1976 - co-screenplay)
- Breaking Point (1976 - co-screenplay)
- Damien: Omen II (1978 - co-screenplay)
- Circle of Iron (1978 - co-screenplay)
- Meteor (1979 - co-screenplay)
- Eye of the Needle (1981)
- Firestarter (1984)
- Conan the Destroyer (1984)
- Tai-Pan (1986 - co-screenplay)
- Hanna's War (1988 - co-screenplay)
His full credits are available on the IMDB website. 
- Greg Gatenby, Toronto: A Literary Guide (1999).
- Popculture website - accessed Jan 2011
- IMDB website
- IMDB website - accessed Jan 2011
- Reinhold Kramer, Mordecai Richler: Leaving St Urbain. McGill-Queen's University Press, 2008. ISBN 9780773577954.
- "The Apprenticeship of Daniel Richler" Archived 2015-02-03 at the Wayback Machine.. Ryerson Review of Journalism, Spring 1987.
- Oscar-Nominated Screenwriter Stanley Mann Dies at 87