Stage to Thunder Rock
Stage to Thunder Rock is a 1964 American Western film directed by William F. Claxton, written by Charles A. Wallace, and starring Barry Sullivan, Marilyn Maxwell, Scott Brady, Lon Chaney Jr., Anne Seymour, John Agar and Wanda Hendrix. It was released on November 10, 1964, by Paramount Pictures.
|Stage to Thunder Rock|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||William F. Claxton|
|Produced by||A. C. Lyles|
|Written by||Charles A. Wallace|
Lon Chaney Jr.
|Music by||Paul Dunlap|
|Cinematography||W. Wallace Kelley|
|Edited by||Jodie Copelan|
A.C. Lyles Productions
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (March 2015)
In his last act before retirement, Horne, a western sheriff, tracks down the Sawyer brothers, who have robbed a bank of $50,000. He kills one and apprehends the other. Ross Sawyer, a wanted outlaw and father of the boys, intends to intercept the stagecoach before Horne can bring his son Reese to justice.
Leah Parker returns to her family, who run the stagecoach depot. The Parkers are in dire need of money and hope Leah can help, although her reputation as a lady is in question. Without her daughter's knowledge, Myra Parker accepts a bribe to help the Sawyers defeat the sheriff.
Also in need of money to help his blind daughter, Sam Swope is deputized by the town and goes after Ross Sawyer, but is shot. Horne shoots it out with Ross and prevails, then turns in his badge and plans to settle down with Leah.
- Barry Sullivan as Sheriff Horne
- Marilyn Maxwell as Leah Parker
- Scott Brady as Sam Swope
- Lon Chaney Jr. as Henry Parker
- Anne Seymour as Myra Parker
- John Agar as Dan Carrouthers
- Wanda Hendrix as Mrs. Sarah Swope
- Ralph Taeger as Reese Sawyer
- Keenan Wynn as Ross Sawyer
- Allan Jones as Mayor Ted Dollar
- Laurel Goodwin as Julie Parker
- Robert Strauss as Bob Acres
- Robert Lowery as Deputy Sheriff Seth Barrington
- Rex Bell Jr. as 'Shotgun' Rex
- Argentina Brunetti as Sarita
- Morgan Brittany as Sandy (credited as Suzanne Cupito)
- Paul E. Burns as Joe Withers
- Wayne Peters as Toby Sawyer
- Roy Jenson as Harkins
- "Stage to Thunder Rock (1964) - Overview". TCM.com. 1964-06-17. Retrieved 2015-04-01.
- "Stage-to-Thunder-Rock - Trailer - Cast - Showtimes". NYTimes.com. Retrieved 2015-04-01.
- Stage to Thunder Rock on IMDb