Saint Vladimir's Orthodox Theological Seminary
St. Vladimir’s Orthodox Theological Seminary (SVOTS) is an Orthodox Christian seminary in Yonkers, New York. It is chartered under the State University of New York and accredited by the Association of Theological Schools. It is a pan-Orthodox institution associated with the Orthodox Church in America (OCA).
The seminary was founded in 1938. It moved to its current location in 1962. Four years later, it was accepted as an Associate Member in the American Association of Theological Schools with accreditation following in 1973.
- Bishop Macarius (Ilyinsky), 1938 - 1944
- Archimandrite Dionysius (Diachenko), 1944 - 1947
- Bishop John (Shahovskoy), 1947 - 1950
- Protopresbyter Georges Florovsky, 1950 - 1955
- Metropolitan Leontius (Turkevich), 1955 - 1962
- Protopresbyter Alexander Schmemann, 1962 - 1983
- Protopresbyter John Meyendorff, 1984 - 1992
- Protopresbyter Thomas Hopko, 1992 - 2002
- Archpriest John H. Erickson, 2002 - 2007
- Archpriest John Behr, 2007 - 2017 (Last Dean under previous governance structure)
- Dr. Ionut-Alexandru Tudorie, 2018 - Present (First Academic Dean under new governance structure)
St. Vladimir’s Seminary is accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) and approved by ATS to grant the following degrees: Master of Divinity (M.Div.), Master of Arts (MA), Master of Theology (Th.M.), and Doctor of Ministry (D.Min).
St. Vladimir’s Seminary Press (SVS Press)Edit
St. Vladimir's Seminary Press was founded in 1962 and is the largest publisher of Orthodox Christian books in the English language.
Among their titles is included their Popular Patristics Series.
- "Member Schools".
- Ohles, John F.; Ohles, Shirley M. (1982). Private Colleges and Universities. ISBN 9780313233241.
- "Our History | St Vladimir's Orthodox Theological Seminary". www.svots.edu. Retrieved 2020-06-23.
- "Board Confirms Fr. Chad Hatfield as President | St Vladimir's Orthodox Theological Seminary". www.svots.edu. Retrieved 2020-06-23.
- Orthodox Church in America. "New Academic Dean assumes duties at St. Vladimir's Seminary". www.oca.org. Retrieved 2020-06-23.
- Kurian, George Thomas; Lamport, Mark A. (10 November 2016). Encyclopedia of Christianity in the United States. ISBN 9781442244320.