St. Teresa's College
It has been suggested that Dept. of Communicative English: St. Teresa's College be merged into this article. (Discuss) Proposed since May 2019.
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of Wisdom"|
|Type||Autonomous women's college|
|Founder||[St.Teresa of St.Rose of Lima]|
|Principal||Dr Sajimol Augustine M.|
|Affiliations||MG University, Kottayam|
The college was established on 15 June 1925, as the first Women's College of the erstwhile Cochin State. and the second in Kerala, by the Congregation of the Carmelite Sisters of St.Teresa. St. Teresa's is the first aided women's college in the state. Affiliated to the Mahatma Gandhi University, it is a Five Star NAAC accredited College with 3708 students, 203 faculty numbers and 76 Non-teaching Staff. St. Teresa's College has three campuses, which includes the Arts Block in the Main Campus, the Science Block located on T.D. Road and the Central Block. The College is named after Teresa of Ávila. St. Teresa's college was granted autonomous status in the year 2014 by the University Grants Commission.
The 4th Cycle of NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council) awarded A++ Grade to St Teresa College, Kochi. Now St. Teresa's College is the first in the Kerala State to achieve A++ grade in the fourth cycle of NAAC. The college achieved the award with a score of 3.57 score and A++ grade.
- Computer Science
- Communicative English
- Home Science
- Management Studies
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Physical Education
- Apparel and Fashion Designing
- Women Study Centre
Communicative English DepartmentEdit
The Department of Communicative English of St. Teresa's College (Autonomous), Ernakulam, was reborn after being a part of the Department of English for nearly two decades. Started in 1995 as a vocational course that gave students a foundation in mass media, it is now an independent department. The department has 112 aspiring media students being trained in Mass media, Journalism, PR and Advertising.
- K. R. Gowri Amma, former minister in Kerala Government.
- Leela Damodara Menon, Former Member, Rajya Sabha
- Late Mercy Ravi, Former member, Kerala Legislative Assembly
- Late Prof. Mercy Williams, Former Mayor of Cochin.
- Dr. Jancy James, Vice Chancellor, Central university of Kerala.
- Vijayalakshmi, poet
- Tessa Joseph, actress
- Accamma Cherian, Independence activist from Kerala
- Asin Thottumkal, actress.
- Ranjini Haridas, television anchor, actress.
- Amala Paul, actress.
- Samvrutha Sunil, actress.
- Remya Nambeesan, actress.
- Poornima Indrajith, actress, anchor, designer,entrepreneur.
- Meera Nandan, actress, radio jockey.
- Divya Unni, actress.
- Lissy, actress, entrepreneur.
- Sujatha Mohan, playback singer .
- Radhika Thilak, playback singer.
- Elizabeth Susan Koshy, shooter.
- RJ Renu, RJ/VJ & actress
- Unni Mary, actress.
- Dhanya Mary Varghese, actress, dancer.
- Aparna Nair, actress
- Anna Katharina Valayil, playback singer.
- Rajalakshmy, playback singer.
- Sanusha Santhosh,actress.
- Mrudula Murali, anchor, actress.
- Namitha Pramod, actress.
- Prayaga Martin,actress.
- Soumya Ramakrishnan, playback singer.
- Aswathi Menon, actress.
- Rebecca Santhosh ,actress.
- Anna Ben, actress
- "St.Teresa's College , Ernakulam, Kerala, India". Teresas.ac.in. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- e.org/web/20150302095433/http://www.teresas.ac.in/main/aboutus/history.asp "St. Teresa's College : Homepage" Check
|archive-url=value (help). Teresas.ac.in. Archived from the original on 2 March 2015. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "St. Teresa's College : Alumnae News". Teresas.ac.in. Archived from the original on 23 February 2015. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- Nidhi Surendranath (21 March 2013). "A topper, just within the State". The Hindu. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "Ranjini Haridas:Profile And Biography, Malayalam Movie Actress Ranjini Haridas latest Photo Gallery | Video Gallery, Malayalam Movie Actress Ranjini Haridas, Ranjini Haridas Filimography ,Ranjini Haridas Films and Cinemas , Ranjini Haridas Awards And Nominations". Metromatinee.com. 30 April 1982. Archived from the original on 7 March 2014. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "Actress Amala Paul Family Pics ~ Mere Pix". Merepix.com. 24 May 2013. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "Anushka Shetty » Samvrutha Sunil Video". NinePix. Retrieved 1 September 2013.
- "Metro Plus Thiruvananthapuram / Cinema : A different act". Chennai, India: The Hindu. 30 September 2006. Retrieved 29 November 2013.
- "St. Teresa's College : English". Teresas.ac.in. Archived from the original on 15 March 2015. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "Happy reunion". The Hindu. 3 August 2006. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "Making a musical point". The Hindu. 5 June 2003. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
-  Archived 19 October 2013 at the Wayback Machine
- Sebastian, Shevlin (4 August 2012). "shevlin's world: Touching a million hearts". Shevlinsebastian.blogspot.in. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
|This article about a university or college in Kerala, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|