|Birth name||Sriram Parthasarathy|
|Born||9 May 1981|
Sriram's Lineage and LearningEdit
The International award winner, Sriram Parthasarathy is indeed a shining star of a great musical lineage of vainikas, Veena Maestro Sri.V. Raghavan (his grandfather) and his father Veena Sri. R. Parthasarathy (affectionately known as Veena Pacha in the film industry).
He started his initial training under Sangeetha Choodamani Sri. O. S. Thyagarajan and continued his musical pursuit under Isai Peroli Sangeet Natak Akademi Award Awardee Sri. R Neyveli Santhanagopalan who imparted the subtlest nuances of Indian Classical Music through Gurukula system.. His experience as a vocal support to his Guru for many years taught him directly and indirectly, the subtle nuances of Classical Music and the Art of performing it on stage.
As a gifted musician, he has learnt Veena from his grandfather, from his father, Mridangam from the Legend Guru Sri. Karaikudi Mani , Harmonium and Kanjira on his own.
Apart from being a Graduate in Music, Sriram Parthasarathy is also an "A" – Grade artist in All India Radio and has travelled far and wide for musical performances. His popular numerous hits in the Film Industry has brought him innumerable Awards and laurels.
Sriram Parthasarathy – a versatile musicianEdit
Sriram Parthasarathy is not only a Carnatic Classical Musician but also a very famous play back singer in the Film Industry . He has sung in almost five languages ( Tamil Telugu Kannada Malayalam Urdu )
His craving for "Pure Sound" and Music gave him a path breaking opportunity to learn from "Great Technical Wizards" like "Violin Virtuoso" Sri. V S Narasimhan sir and Guitar Maestro Sri. R Chandrasekhar .
His intense training in sound engineering from Guitar Sri.R. Chandrasekhar for many years made him start his own Spiritual music YouTube channel by name "Sadhu Om" youtube.com/c/sadhuomchannel in which he produces music on his own as a "One Man Band".
Sriram was fortunate to spend quality musical time with his Western Music Guru Sri.V.S. Narasimhan sir in many musical projects which enlightened and made him not only a complete musician by also a Music Composer. Working with his Gurus Sri.V.S. Narasimhan sir and Guitar Sri.R. Chandrasekhar in many World Music projects allowed Sriram to hone his skills.
Sriram Parthasarathy is a disciple of Neyveli Santhanagopalan. He has recorded several singles and released them in the classical genre. He has also recorded many film songs as well for many Veteran music directors like Ilayaraja, A. R. Rahman, Vidyasagar, Harris Jayaraj and Deva. He has also won awards for his beautiful renditions.
Sriram's ultimate hits have been "Aanandha Yazhai" from the movie Thanga Meengal has won National award for its lyrics, Elangathu Veesudhe from the movie Pithamagan and Suttum Vizhi Choodare from Ghajini.
|Song Title||Film Name||Music Director||Language|
|"Suttum Vizhi"||Ghajini||Harris Jayaraj||Tamil|
|"Poovasam Purapedum Penne"||Anbe Sivam||Vidyasagar||Tamil|
|"Kelamal Kayyilae"||Azhagiya Tamil Magan||A. R. Rahman||Tamil|
|"Konji Pesida Venam"||Sethupathi (film)||Nivas K. Prasanna||Tamil|
|"Aananda Yazhai"||Thanga Meengal||Yuvan Shankar Raja||Tamil|
|"Deivangal Ingae"||Anegan||Harris Jayaraj||Tamil|
|"Pudhu Malar Thottu"||Poovellam Un Vasam||Vidyasagar||Tamil|
|"Adhisaya Thirumanam"||Parthale Paravasam||A. R. Rahman||Tamil|
|"Adhai Koodavaa"||Jayam Kondaan||Vidyasagar||Tamil|
|"Masthura Masthura"||Nee Manasu Naaku Telusu||A. R. Rahman||Telugu|
|"Thirumaangalyam"||Nala Damayanthi||Ramesh Vinayagam||Tamil|
|"Santhoshame Endrum"||Palakkattu Madhavan||Srikanth Deva||Tamil|
|"Kondaatamae"||Idam Porul Eval||Yuvan Shankar Raja||Tamil|
|"Oru Thalai Raagam"||Idhu Namma Aalu (2016 film)||T.R.Kuralarasan||Tamil|
|"Vaa Jannal"||Koditta Idangalai Nirappuga||C Satya||Tamil|
|"Chittukuruvi"||Parasuram||A. R. Rahman||Tamil|
|"Kannai padithen"||Ponnar Shankar||Ilayaraja||Tamil|
|"Ethanai Bhavam Undu"||Uliyin Osai||Ilayaraja||Tamil|
|"Sri Rama Lera"||Sri Rama Rajyam||Ilayaraja||Telugu|
|"Emaindo Gaani Chusthu"||Nenu Meeku Telusa...?||Achu Rajamani & Dharan Kumar||Telugu|
|"Ethanai Bhavam Undu"||Uliyin Osai||Ilayaraja||Tamil|
|"Pularkindra Pozhuthu"||Uliyin Osai||Ilayaraja||Tamil|
|"Muzhumai Nila"||Vazhthukkal||Yuvan Shankar Raja||Tamil|
|"Emaindo Gaani Chusthu"||Nenu Meeku Telusa||Achu & Dharan||Telugu|
|"Njan Kanda Swapnathin"||Persiakaran||Ranjith Meleppat||Malayalam|
|"Enna Pol Oruthan"||Thandavakone||Ilayaraja||Tamil|
|"Maranthuvidu"||Therodum Veedhiyile||D Imman||Tamil|
|"Puthu Pournami "||Kannukkulae||Ilayaraja||Tamil|
|"Androru Thai"||Aacharya||Srikanth Deva||Tamil|
|"Neathi Adida"||Aei||Srikanth Deva||Tamil|
|"Tholaivil Irikkum Megam"||Ennatha Pesuvadho||D Imman||Tamil|
|"Engeyo Pogum"||Kaalakkoothu||Justin Prabhakaran||Tamil|
|"Unnai Onru"||18 Vayasu||Charles Bosco & Dinesh Kanagaratnam||Tamil|
|"Kadaal Karayile"||Maalai Pozhuthum Mayakkathile||Achu||Tamil|
|"Usira Thirudi Pora"||Konjam Veyil Konjam Mazhai||Bharani||Tamil|
|"Unakkaka Uyirey Vaythey"||Thambikkottai||D Imman||Tamil|
|"Vor Parvai Parthu"||Yennai Theriyuma||Achu||Tamil|
|"Dheivamu Vundhi "||Anekudu||Harris Jayaraj||Telugu|
|"Oru Ganam Vaanum"||Sivappu||N.R.Raghunanthan||Tamil|
|"Thimirae Thimirae"||Chennal Kadhal||Joshua Sridhar||Tamil|
|"Andaala Lokam"||Gaayam 2||Ilayaraja||Telugu|
|"Endukamma Prema Prema"||Gaayam 2||Ilayaraja||Telugu|
|"Ee Manchullo"||Rangam||Harris Jayaraj||Telugu|
|"Vaanthooral"||Peranbu||Yuvan Shankar Raja||Tamil|
|"Kaarkuzhal Kadavaiye"||Vadachennai||Santhosh Narayanan||Tamil|
|"Varalama"||Sarvam Thaala Mayam||A. R. Rahman||Tamil|
|"Dhari Jera Deevinchu"||Sarvam Thaala Mayam||A. R. Rahman||Telugu|
Sriram's Awards, Achievements and TitlesEdit
- BEST SINGER AWARD from the Music Academy
- BEST CONCERT AWARD from the Music Academy
- YUVA KALA JYOTHI from [[Nada Veda Mahothsavam Trust.(Chennai)
- TAMIL NADU STATE AWARD from the Chief Minister Kalaignar.Dr.K. Karunanidhi for the song Suttum vizhi chudare from the film Gajini
- INTERNATIONAL JURY AWARD from ITFA group from KualaLampur, Malaysia.
- SARASWATHI SANGEETHA SEVA RATHNA from Saraswathi Sabha (Kumbakonam)
- BEST SINGER from The Lions Club
- MOST POPULAR CINE SONG AWARD from [[Shivaji Awards (Chennai)
- BEST SINGER from Radio Mirchi Hyderabad.
- 2005 – Tamil Nadu State Film Award for Best Male Playback – Suttum Vizhi Choodare – Ghajini
- 2014 – 61st Filmfare Awards South for Best Male Playback – "Anandha Yaazhai" – Thanga Meenkal
- 2014– SIIMA Award for Best Male Playback Singer – "Aananda Yaazhai" – Thangameengal
- "Classical – Vocal – Sriram Parthasarathy_AIR – Sriram Parthasarathy Is From A Renowned Musical Lineage". Musicplug.in. 30 May 2007. Retrieved 5 March 2012.
- "Sriram is a relaxed person". The Times of India. 11 January 2011. Retrieved 2 November 2016.
- "Tamil/Movie Songs – Movies containing Singer: Sriram Parthasarathy – Free Indian Music, Listen to Free Bollywood, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Carnatic, Hindustani, Devotional Music". MusicIndiaOnline. Retrieved 5 March 2012.
- "Sriram Parthasarathy Tamil songs. Sriram Parthasarathy music videos, interviews, non-stop channel". Raaga. Retrieved 5 March 2012.
- "Tamil Nadu govt awards Rajini and Kamal". Cinesouth. 7 September 2007. Archived from the original on 11 September 2007. Retrieved 29 October 2010.