Sreemoyee is an Indian Bengali serial airing on Star Jalsha and is also available on the digital platform Disney+Hotstar. It is produced by Magic Moments Motion Pictures Pvt. Ltd of Saibal Banerjee and Leena Gangopadhyay, which premiered on 10 June 2019. The show stars Indrani Halder.
|Written by||Leena Gangopadhyay|
|Directed by||Saibal Banerjee |
|Creative director||Leena Gangopadhyay|
Tota Roy Chowdhury
|Theme music composer||Debojyoti Mishra|
|Opening theme||Sremoyee by Anweshaa|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||635|
|Executive producers||Debolina Mukhopadhyay |
Sumit Kumar Roy
(Magic Moments Motion Pictures)
Taniya, Supriyo (Star Jalsha)
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company||Magic Moments Motion Pictures|
|Distributor||Star India |
Novi Digital Entertainment
|Original network||STAR Jalsha|
|Original release||10 June 2019 –|
|Preceded by||Jai Kali Kalkattawali|
As a doting, caring mother, wife and daughter in law, Sreemoyee, a middle-aged housewife, takes care of her family without any expectations. However, on knowing that her husband Anindya cheated her, having an affair with his colleague June, initially she becomes heart broken but soon she realises and sets out to create a new identity for herself while June starts creating troubles for her. She divorces with Anindya while he marries June. She also gets support from her college love Rohit Sen. The story follows how she tackles the problems caused by June and becomes a successful business women in ethnic fabric and handicrafts.
|Actors, along with their respective characters, shaded in light grey are cast members whose characters died in the course of the series.|
|Official character name||Maiden name||Alternate name or nickname or pseudonym||Portrayed by||Relations||Description|
|Sreemoyee Sengupta (Main Female Protagonist) (2019-present)||Sreemoyee Bose||Sree, Chumki, Rupsi||Indrani Halder||Anindya's first wife (divorced); Jumbo, Dinka and Dithee's mother; Rohit's love interest; June's rival||She is a kind, honest and dutiful person who cares for her children and loves them. She dropped off from college after getting married to raise her three children. She becomes an independent woman handling a business of ethnic fabric and handicrafts.|
|Anindya Sengupta (Parallel Male Lead) (2019-present)||N/A||Bua||Sudip Mukherjee||Sreemoyee's husband (divorced); Jumbo, Dinka and Dithee's father; June's second husband (divorced).||He humiliated Sreemoyee and considered her only for domestic work when they were married. After marrying June, he regrets his deeds of taking Sreemoyee for granted and thinks Sreemoyee is his true well wisher.|
|June Guha (Main Antagonist) (2019-present)||N/A||June Guha||Ushasie Chakraborty||Shombit's wife (divorced), Bukan's mother, Anindya's second wife (divorced), Sreemoyee's rival||She is jealous of Sreemoyee and humiliates her. She always tries to make trouble for Sreemoyee and make her life miserable. She started an affair with Anindya after realising that there is a gap between him and Sreemoyee. Anindya divorced her by tricking her to fail to attend the court's divorce proceedings.|
|Pratyush Sengupta (Supporting Male Protagonist) (2019-present)||N/A||Pratuysh Sengupta
|Saptarshi Maulik||Sreemoyee's younger son with Anindya, Arna's love interest and fianceé, Kia's ex husband.||He is a singer turned a well known music director. He cares for Sreemoyee more than anything else and will go to any extent to protect his mother. He always stands by Sreemoyee and defends her whenever she is humiliated. He divorced Kia after she got her money compensation from Arna.|
|Rohit Sen (Recurring Male Lead) (2019-present)||N/A||Rohit Sen||Tota Roy Chowdhury||Sreemoyee's lover, Sarbojit's maternal uncle, Arpita's elder paternal cousin brother.||Sreemoyee's senior in college who loves her and cares for her more than anything else and even accepted her children as his own. He will go to any extent to protect and defend Sreemoyee from obstacles.|
- Sengupta family
- Ashok Bhattacharya as Arindam Sengupta - Anindya and Anindita's father, Sreemoyee's former father-in-law, who supports Sreemoyee and cares for her like his own daughter. (2019-present)
- Chitra Sen as Patralekha Sengupta - Anindya and Anindita's mother, Sreemoyee's former mother-in-law, Aditya Deb's wife. Initially, she disliked and humiliated Sreemoyee and was completely jealous of her good nature, but over time realises Sreemoyee's value and begins to support her. (2019-present)
- Anindita Saha Kapileshwari as Anindita Bose (née Sengupta) aka Buni - Anindya's sister, Sreemoyee's former sister-in-law, Upal's wife, Googli and Gungun's mother. She used to humiliate Sreemoyee like her mother. (2019-present)
- Bharat Kaul as Upal Bose - Anindita's husband, Googli and Gungun's father, Antara's former love interest. He cares for Sreemoyee and helps her at any cost. (2019-present)
- Rohit Samanta as Dr. Aniruddha Sengupta aka Jumbo - Sreemoyee's elder son with Anindya, Ankita's husband, a doctor. Initially he was selfish and hated Sreemoyee for just being a simple housewife and used to humiliate her but he understood his mistake and now cares for Sreemoyee and his family. (2019-present)
- Debolina Mukherjee as Dr. Ankita Sen - Amitava and Madhubani's daughter, Jumbo's wife, a doctor and Sreemoyee's elder daughter-in-law. She is a spoilt brat who does not like to cook and used to humiliate her mother-in-law but she understood her mistake, now always stands by Sreemoyee and Dinka. (2019-present)
- Madhurima Basak as Kia Ghosh - Dinka's ex wife, an assistant in Dinka's music band, an IT engineer and Sreemoyee's former younger daughter-in-law. She faked to be Sreemoyee's well wisher but started to humiliate Sreemoyee and her-in laws after marrying Dinka fuelled from brainwash by June and Patralekha. She divorced Dinka by taking money compensation from Arna, because Dinka was disabled. (Antagonist) (2019-present)
- Aishi Bhattacharya as Dr. Dithee Sengupta - Sreemoyee's daughter with Anindya, a medical student turned doctor, Sarbajit's rival in college and Chhotu's love interest. She used to humiliate her mother but understood her mistake and now, always stands by her mother and goes to any extent to help her. She is also in love with Chhotu and is trying her best to make him take the correct path in life. (2nd Main Female Lead) (2019-present)
- Sreemoyee's maiden family
- Alakananda Roy as Mitali Bose - Sreemoyee's mother. (2019)
- Ambarish Bhattacharya as Pradip Bose aka Dipu - Sreemoyee's brother, Rusha's husband, Maharaj's father. (2019)
- Samata Das as Rusha Bose - Pradip's wife, Sreemoyee's sister-in-law, Maharaj's mother. (2019)
- Ayush Das as Maharaj Bose - Pradip and Rusha's son, Mitali's grandson, Sreemoyee's nephew (2019)
- Chhotu's family
- Arnab Banerjee as Aitijhyo Roy aka Chhotu - Dithi's kidnapper and love interest. (2nd Main Male Lead) (2021-present)
- Moyna Mukherjee as Mandira Roy, Chhotu's mother (2021-present)
- New Character as Chhotu's father (2021-present)
- Preity Biswas as Kakoli Roy, Chhotu's sister in law (2021-present)
- Nishantika Das as Bulbuli, Chhotu's younger sister (2021-present)
- Anushree Das as Antara Bose - Sreemoyee's friend since college, Upal's former love interest. (2019)
- Roosha Chatterjee as Arna Chatterjee - Dinka's love interest and fianceé, Sreemoyee's well-wisher, Sankalpo's wife (till his death).(Supporting Female Protagonist) (2019-present)
- Debottam Majumdar as Sankalpo Chatterjee - Arna's husband (deceased). (2019-2020)
- Sandip Chakraborty as Shombit Guha - June's first husband (divorced) and Bukan's father. (2019-present)
- Abhirup Sen as Abhirup Guha aka Bukan - June and Shombit's son. He is now in Shombit's custody and likes Sreemoyee even more than his own mother June. (2019-present)
- Chandan Sen as Amitava Sen - Ankita's father. (2019)
- Malabika Sen as Madhubani Sen - Ankita's mother. (2019)
- Kushal Chakraborty as Animesh Chatterjee - Arna's father. (2019-present)
- Manjushree Ganguly as Subhashree Chatterjee - Arna's mother. (2019-present)
- Sharmila Das as Mithu Das - Sengupta family's domestic help. (2019-present)
- Ashmee Ghosh as Mohua Das aka Mou - Mithu's daughter. (2019)
- Suman Banerjee as Debalok Dasgupta - a lawyer. (2019)
- Debolina Dutta as Swarnachapa Sengupta - a lawyer. (2020-2021)
- Sohail Dutta as Sarbajit Ghosh aka Dodul - Dithee's collegemate and rival. Rohit's distant nephew. He thinks Dithee and her family exploits Rohit. He got Dithee kidnapped by Chotu, so as to sell her to some other country. (Antagonist) (2020)
- Rajashree Bhowmik as Arpita Ghosh (née Sen) - Rohit's younger paternal cousin sister, Sarbajit's mother. (2020)
- Rahul Chakraborty as Prosenjit Ghosh - Arpita's husband, a lawyer, Sarbajit's father. (2020-2021)
- Joyjit Banerjee as Joyshankar Banerjee - a lawyer. (2021)
Sreemoyee is adapted in six Indian languages which are listed below.
|Kannada||Inthi Nimma Asha||Star Suvarna||7 October 2019 – present||Ongoing||Remake|
|Marathi||Aai Kuthe Kay Karte||Star Pravah||23 December 2019 – present||Ongoing||Remake|
|Malayalam||Kudumbavilakku||Asianet||27 January 2020 – present||Ongoing||Remake|
|Telugu||Intinti Gruhalakshmi||Star Maa||3 February 2020 – present||Ongoing||Remake|
|Hindi||Anupamaa||StarPlus||13 July 2020 – present||Ongoing||Remake|
|Tamil||Baakiyalakshmi'||Star Vijay||27 July 2020 – present||Ongoing||Remake|
Since its inception, the series remains one of the top rated Bengali series. In the second week of August 2019, it garnered a TRP of 8.0. In week 14 of 2021, it garnered a TRP of 7.3. In week 16, it was at fourth position with a TRP of 7.6.
- "Star Jalsha to air new show 'Sreemoyee' every day in 7 pm slot". TelevisionPost: Latest News, India’s Television, Cable, DTH, TRAI. 10 June 2019. Retrieved 3 December 2019.
- Team, Tellychakkar. "Star Jalsha's new show Sreemoyee is the journey of a homemaker who rediscovers her self-worth; Indrani Halder plays lead role". Tellychakkar.com. Retrieved 3 December 2019.
- "Indrani Halder back on the small screen with her new serial, Sreemoyee - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 3 December 2019.
- "Star Jalsha's new show Sreemoyee is the journey of a homemaker who rediscovers her self-worth; Indrani Halder plays lead role".
- Dasgupta, Srishti (8 June 2019). "Indrani Halder back on the small screen with her new serial, Sreemoyee". The Times of India. Retrieved 19 August 2019.
- "Ushasie Chakraborty makes a comeback to the small screen".
- "'Mega' debut for Saptarshi Maulik".
- "New daily soap 'Inti Nimma Asha' to premiere today". The Times of India.
- "Rajan Shahi's Marathi venture 'Aai Kuthe Kay Karte' is all about discovering mother's unconditional love". The Times of India.
- "Meera Vasudevan to play the lead in Kudumbavilakku". The Times of India.
- "What to expect on your favourite television shows from tonight". The Indian Express.
- "TV show Baakiyalakshmi to premiere on March 16". The Times of India.
- "টিআরপি রেটিং-এ দ্রুত উপরের দিকে ধারাবাহিক 'শ্রীময়ী'". Ananda Bazar.
- "রেটিং বাড়ছে 'শ্রীময়ী'-র তবু ধরাছোঁয়ার বাইরে 'কৃষ্ণকলি', রইল সাপ্তাহিক সেরা দশ তালিকা". The Indian Express.
- "প্রথম স্থানে ফের 'মিঠাই', মোহর-এর জায়গা নেওয়া 'বরণ' TRP তালিকায় কেমন ফল করল?". Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on 28 April 2021.
- "বাঙালির 'মিঠাই' প্রেমে আরও নামল 'খড়কুটো'র TRP". Hindustan Times. Archived from the original on 6 May 2021.