Springhill High School (Louisiana)
Springhill High School was a co-educational secondary school on Church Street, in Springhill, Louisiana, United States. The catchment area consists of the neighboring areas: Cullen and Western Shongaloo.
In 2011, the parish school board faced a large financial deficit and considered a series of options. Ultimately a plan for consolidation was adopted, in which schools in Sarepta, Cotton Valley, Shongaloo were consolidated into Springhill High School, and the high school was renamed North Webster High School. The new mascot for the school became the "Knights," instead of the Lumberjacks.
- Drayton Boucher (attended middle 1920s), former member of the Louisiana State Senate
- Savannah Smith Boucher (Class of 1961), actress
- Sherry Boucher (Class of 1963), former actress
- John David Crow (Class of 1953), American football player and coach and 1957 Heisman Trophy winner at Texas A&M
- Jack Montgomery (Class of 1954), state senator from 1968 to 1972
- Charcandrick West (Class of 2010), American football player for the Kansas City Chiefs
- "Shongaloo, Cotton Valley, Sarepta may combine high schools grades at Springhill", Minden Press-Herald, February 3, 2011.
- " Springhill Mayor Wants School Consolidation Reconsidered", KTBS-TV, Feb 20, 2011.
- "Athens High School to close:Budget constraints to cut jobs as well", Homer Guardian Journal, May 17, 2012.
- "The Man Behind the Smile", Kansas City Chiefs (accessed February 9, 2018).
- "N. Webster elders to lead team", USA Today, April 25, 2013.
- "Springhill's Heisman winner John David Crow dies at 79", Shreveport Times, June 18, 2015.
- "Cullen, Springhill roots still fuel NFL running back Charcandrick West", November 8, 2017.