This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Spirit Cool also known as Spirit (born May 8, 1976) is a Canadian singer, songwriter, guitarist and acoustic live looping artist based in Vancouver, British Columbia. He is a former Guinness World Recordholder for longest marathon guitar playing.
|Born||May 8, 1976|
|Genres||Acoustic, Live looping, Pop|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, Guitarist, Looping artist|
In the 1990s, he played in Poetic Justice, a Kitsilano based band. Later, he toured across Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom and Japan. He has performed with members from Trooper, Prism, Poetic Justice and other bands. He left his construction job to pursue his career in music in 2011, reportedly by Surrey Now.
In 2013, he released his first debut album, All The Pieces, which was well received. He uses an acoustic live looping technique to perform original music with an acoustic guitar and his voice. Spirit released singles, Where, Oh Where in November 2017, followed by Give It All Back and Hands.
In May 2018, he entered in the Guinness Book of World's Records for longest marathon guitar playing. He played the guitar for 124.5 hours over six days, breaking the world record of 114 hours of guitar playing, which was previously held by David Browne from Ireland. Later in July 2018, Australian’s Scott Burford broke Spirit’s record by playing continuous guitar for over 125 hours.
|2013||Come to Think of It||Spirit Cool|
|2013||Nothing On Me||Spirit Cool|
|2013||No Goodbyes||Spirit Cool|
|2013||Leave Alone to Love||Spirit Cool|
|2013||Still Waters Run Deep||Spirit Cool|
|2013||Soul for Sale||Spirit Cool|
|2013||When It Rains||Spirit Cool|
|2017||Where, Oh Where||Spirit Cool|
|2017||Give It All Back||Spirit Cool|
|2013||All the Pieces|
- Zillich, Tom (February 4, 2016). "MUSIC: Spirit, Surrey's skilled acoustic live-looper, loses his 'Cool'". The Now.
- "Spirit Cool — Songs". iTunes. Retrieved November 15, 2018.
- Garstin, Michaela (September 26, 2013). "North Shore acoustic live looper voted among best new acts". Tri-City News.
- Kotyk, Alyse Kotyk (May 17, 2018). "Guitarist plays 124 hours over six days, breaking world record". Vancourier.com.
- "GUINNESS WORLD RECORD BROKEN AT RIVER ROCK CASINO RESORT". gcgaming.com. May 12, 2018.
- Drewitt-Smith, Ainslie (July 20, 2018). "Wollongong musician Scott Burford completes 125-hour guitar marathon in world record attempt". Australian Broadcasting Corporation.
- ""Spirit Cool" "CD Baby"". store.cdbaby.com. Retrieved November 15, 2018.
- "All the Pieces". Deezer. Retrieved November 15, 2018.
- "Spirit And The Challenge". Canadian Cancer Society. May 7, 2018.
- "B.C. guitarist aims to play for 116 hours, break Guinness record for charity". Columbia Valleyp Pioneer. April 24, 2018.