The men's 1500 metres speed skating competition of the 2018 Winter Olympics was held on 13 February 2018 at the Gangneung Oval in Gangneung. Kjeld Nuis posted a time 0.06 seconds short of the Olympic record and won the gold medal. Patrick Roest won silver, and Kim Min-seok bronze, becoming the first Asian athlete to ever medal in this event. For all three of them, it was their first Olympic race and first Olympic medal. The defending champion Zbigniew Bródka, as well as the 2014 silver, Koen Verweij, and bronze, Denny Morrison, medalists participated in the event but finished outside of the top 10.
|Men's 1500 metres|
at the XXIII Olympic Winter Games
|Date||13 February 2018|
|Competitors||35 from 19 nations|
Prior to this competition, the existing world, Olympic and track records were as follows.
|World record||Denis Yuskov (RUS)||1:41.02||Salt Lake City, United States||9 December 2017|
|Olympic record||Derek Parra (USA)||1:43.95||Salt Lake City, United States||19 February 2002|
|Track record||Kjeld Nuis (NED)||1:44.36||12 February 2017|
The following records were set during this competition.
|13 February||Pair 14||Kjeld Nuis||Netherlands||1:44.01||TR|
The races were held at 20:00.
|15||I||Kim Min-seok||South Korea||1:44.93||+0.92|
|8||18||O||Joey Mantia||United States||1:45.86||+1.85|
|9||18||I||Sverre Lunde Pedersen||Norway||1:46.12||+2.11|
|14||9||I||Peter Michael||New Zealand||1:46.39||+2.38|
|15||11||I||Brian Hansen||United States||1:46.44||+2.43|
|17||5||O||Joo Hyong-jun||South Korea||1:46.65||+2.64|
|18||7||O||Sergey Trofimov||Olympic Athletes from Russia||1:46.69||+2.68|
|19||10||I||Shani Davis||United States||1:46.74||+2.73|
|21||17||O||Vincent De Haître||Canada||1:47.32||+3.31|
|26||4||O||Reyon Kay||New Zealand||1:47.81||+3.80|
|34||2||I||Tai William||Chinese Taipei||1:50.63||+6.62|
|16||I||Allan Dahl Johansson||Norway||DNF|
- "Venues". www.pyeongchang2018.com/. Pyeongchang 2018 Olympic Organizing Committee for the 2018 Winter Olympics. Archived from the original on 17 February 2018. Retrieved 26 December 2017.
- "Schedule". POCOG. Archived from the original on 5 November 2017. Retrieved 15 September 2017.
- "Start list" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 February 2018. Retrieved 13 February 2018.
- Yonhap (13 February 2018). "S. Korea's Kim Min-seok captures bronze in men's 1,500m speed skating". The Korea Herald. Retrieved 13 February 2018.
- "Final results" (PDF). POCOG. Archived from the original (PDF) on 14 February 2018. Retrieved 12 February 2018.