Spaghettieis (German pronunciation: [ʃpaˈɡɛtiˌaɪs]) is a German ice cream dish made to look like a plate of spaghetti. In the dish, vanilla ice cream is extruded through a modified Spätzle press or potato ricer, giving it the appearance of spaghetti. It is then placed over whipped cream and topped with strawberry sauce (to simulate tomato sauce) and either coconut flakes, grated almonds, or white chocolate shavings to represent the parmesan cheese.
|Place of origin||Germany|
|Created by||Dario Fontanella|
|Main ingredients||ice cream, whipped cream, strawberry sauce|
|Cookbook: Spaghettieis Media: Spaghettieis|
- Creator Dario Fontanella recalls serving children the Spaghettieis, who broke into tears because they wanted ice cream and not a plate of spaghetti.
- Dario Fontanella received the "Bloomaulorden" in 2014, an order awarded by the city of Mannheim.
- Besides the usual dish with strawberry sauce, one may also find variations like ice cream with dark chocolate ice cream and nuts, simulating Spaghetti Carbonara instead of Spaghetti Bolognese. 
- McGavin, Jennifer. "Spaghettieis — Spaghetti Ice Cream Sundae from Germany". About.com. Retrieved 2009-04-12.
- "Auch im Sommer geben sich immer weniger Schleckmäuler die Kugel" (in German). Mannheimer Morgen. Archived from the original on December 8, 2011. Retrieved July 1, 2005.
- "Auch im Sommer geben sich immer weniger Schleckmäuler die Kugel". 2011-12-08. Retrieved 2017-07-03.
- "Überall Botschafter Mannheims - Mannheimer Morgen" (in German). Retrieved 2017-07-03.
- "Unsere Eiskarte - Eiscafe Allegro". www.eiscafe-allegro.de (in German). Retrieved 2017-07-03.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Spaghettieis.|
|This dessert-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|