Southville International School and Colleges
This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Southville International School and Colleges (SISC) is a private, non-sectarian school. Chosen by the Philippine Department of Education as a "School of the Future" in January 1997, SISC Basic Education is currently accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. SISC became ISO 9001:2000 certified in 2004. The school was authorized as an "IB World School" in August 2005.
|Southville International School and Colleges|
|Type||Private, International School|
(We Can Make A Difference)
|Headmaster||Dr. Genevieve Ledesma-Tan|
Among the school’s numerous accreditations and recognitions are:
• Internationally Accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (W.A.S.C.-USA) (K-12)
• ISO 9001-2008 Certified
• International Baccalaureate (I.B.) Authorized World School (Geneva, Switzerland)
• Recognized by the Department of Education as a “School of the Future”
• Recognized as a school of International Character through the promulgation of Philippine Republic Act 9493
Southville International School and Colleges was founded in 1990 as Southville International School. The school started by offering preschool at its Elizalde Campus, and eventually expanded to offer primary school, secondary school, International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, and college degree courses.
The school has several campuses, the Elizalde Campus which offers Nursery to Preparatory, the Munich Campus which houses Nursery to Grade Five students, Luxembourg Campus which houses Grade Six to Grade Twelve students and the College students, and the Tropical Campus which houses the Scholastic Reading Center and the International Baccalaureate, The Capital Market and Entrepreneurship Center, the Taylor Training Center and other function rooms. One of the known most influential students who went to Southville International School and Colleges was Kim Flores, a World Champion in the Singing Category from World Championships of Performing Arts held in Hollywood, California.
SISC offers early childhood education, primary school (via its Grade School Division), secondary school (via its High School Division), and college education.
College Degree ProgramsEdit
The SISC College Division offers majors such as:
- BS Nursing
- BS Tourism
- BS Business Administration major in
- BS Entrepreneurship
- With Special Track in Fashion Design
- BS Information Technology
- BS Psychology
- BS Accountancy
- AB Mass Communication
- AB Media Arts
- BS Elementary Education with focus in Special Education
Graduate Degree ProgramsEdit
The College Division offers the following degree programs:
- Teacher Certificate Program
SISC is an authorized "IB World School" and is able to grant IB diplomas.
International Learning CenterEdit
The school operates an International Learning Center, or ILC, for non-English speaking students until they are ready to join the school's main English classes.
Southville International School and Colleges also operates the SEED Academy, which was established in 1999 to teach post-secondary, non-formal technology, vocational, office management, and entrepreneurship. The academy has courses in information systems to students who wish to pursue computer and office management careers.
The school is affiliated with the following:
- Philippine Stock Exchange (The online stock trading held at the SISC Capital Market and Entrepreneurship Center is supported by the PSE.)
- Scholastic Inc., Philippines (The Scholastic English Learning Program is held at SISC premises.)
- Las Piñas Doctors' Hospital (One of the affiliate hospitals where SISC BS Nursing students do their internship.)
- Southville International School affiliated with Foreign Universities (SISFU)
- South Mansfield College
- SEED Academy
- South SEED LPDH College
- Stonyhurst Southville International School
- SOUTHVILLE IS A FINALIST FOR PRESTIGIOUS INVESTORS IN PEOPLE AWARDS 2016
- Southville Monarchs Bag an Award in International Science Camp
- Southville-Innove Alumna Headlines University Golf Scene
- 5 Southville Alumni Overcome the Philippine Bar Examination
- IB SENIORS PASS TOP UNIVERSITIES TESTS
- SSLC Tops the 2016 Radtech Board Exam
- Sofia Jumao-as is Southville’s New Ice Princess
- Southville-IB Alumna Conquers Cardiff University
- 100% Passing Rate for Southville-BS Nursing In Licensure Exam 2016
- Southville-IB Student Accepted into 9 Top Schools in US and Europe
- Southville Homegrown Makes It Big In The US
- Southville Graduates Join Top Schools Abroad
- SISC's brand of international excellence re-affirmed in
- ISO 9001:2008 Recertification
- Southville-IB Student’s Research Sparks Media Interest All over Asia
- Development Academy of the Philippines (DAP) sends Southville President to the Asian Productivity Organization (APO) Workshop in Jakarta
- Mathletes Leave Mark in International Contest
- Southville Alumna Gets Accepted in Yonsei University
- Southville Home Grown Conquers Top Universities Worldwide
- Svetlana Riguera is the Champion of the 2015 International Writing Competition
- Southville Students Shine in UN Simulation
- Southville alumna wins an award at National Model United Nations
- Former Southville Teacher is a nominee for Outstanding Principal in the USA
- Five students among top scorers in Math training program
- Southville alumna graduates from college with flying colors
- BS Marketing student passes Marketing certification program
- "Historical Background -". Retrieved 2018-08-03.
- "College Program -". Retrieved 2018-08-03.
- "Graduate Programs Philippines- Southville International School and Colleges". Retrieved 2018-08-03.