The South West Region, officially the South West Ethiopia Peoples' Region (Amharic: የደቡብ ምዕራብ ኢትዮጵያ ህዝቦች ክልል) is a regional state in southwestern Ethiopia. It was split off from the Southern Nations, Nationalities, and Peoples' Region (SNNPR) on 23 November 2021 after a successful referendum.
South West Ethiopia Peoples' Region
የደቡብ ምዕራብ ኢትዮጵያ ህዝቦች ክልል
|Capital||Bonga; Mizan Teferi ;Tercha; Tepi|
|• Chief Administrator||Negash Wagesho|
|• Prosperity Party Leader||Tsegaye Mamo|
|• House Speaker||Wondimu Kurta|
|• Total||39,400 km2 (15,200 sq mi)|
|• Density||58/km2 (150/sq mi)|
|ISO 3166 code||TBA|
The following table shows administrative zones and special woredas, (an administrative subdivision which is similar to an autonomous area), is based on information from the 2007 census; the list of second administrative level bodies maintained by the United Nations Geographic Information Working Group dates from 2002,
|1||Bench Maji Zone||Mizan Teferi|
|5||West Omo Zone||Jemu|
- https://www.press.et/?p=78500[bare URL]
- "News Alert: Ethiopia gets eleventh state with more than 96% approval for South West referendum". Addis Standard. 9 October 2021.
- "South West Ethiopia Peoples Region Officially Established". MSN Africa. Addis Ababa. Ethiopian News Agency (ENA). 23 November 2021. Retrieved 28 November 2021.
- "Ethiopia Regions". Worldstatesmen.org. Retrieved 30 November 2021.
- "Names and codes for January 2000, Ethiopia". World Health Organization. The information in the WHO spreadsheet is built on information received 18 September 2002 from the Ethiopian Ministry of Federal Affairs.