South Plains College
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (July 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
South Plains College (SPC) is a public community college in Levelland, Texas. It operates satellite branches in Plainview, at the Reese Technology Center, formerly Reese Air Force Base, in western Lubbock, and the Lubbock Center near central Lubbock. SPC also has many classes in the Byron Martin Advanced Technology Center in Lubbock as part of a joint venture with the Lubbock Independent School District.
|Colors||Blue and Orange|
SPC has distance-education centers located in Muleshoe, Littlefield, and Denver City. In addition to its distance-education programs, the college also provides online (distance-education) courses to its students, as well as dual-credit courses to high schools in the West Texas area.
South Plains College plays as part of the Western Junior College Athletic Conference in athletics. It is also part of the National Junior College Athletic Association Region 5. The school participates in men's and women's basketball, cheerleading, cross-country, track and field, and rodeo. All the men's and women's basketball games are broadcast as part of the High Plains Radio Network under HPRN Sports on KLVT and at http://www.hprnetwork.com.
- Rondell Bartholomew, sprinter
- Waylon Jennings, Country music singer
- Philemon Hanneck, Olympian,middle distance 1500 meters and 5000 meters
- Tranel Hawkins, Olympic track and field athlete
- Fred Kerley, track sprinter, seventh-fastest man at 400 meters
- Sally Kipyego, championship runner for the Texas Tech Red Raiders, first Kenyan woman to win an NCAA cross-country individual championship
- Natalie Maines, Country singer (Dixie Chicks)
- Renaldo Major, NBA player
- Bo Outlaw, NBA player
- Renny Quow, Olympian, sprinter
- Phil Stephenson (class of 1966), member of the Texas House of Representatives from Wharton County west of Houston
- Sheryl Swoopes, championship basketball player for the Texas Tech Red Raiders, WNBA player
- LaToy Williams, sprinter
- Lee Ann Womack, Country singer
- Texas Education Code, Section 130.198, "South PlainsCollege District Service Area".