Soura is a notified area of Srinagar located about 11.1 km north of Lal Chowk on Srinagar-Ladakh Highway in Jammu and Kashmir. Soura is famous for Sher-i-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences, a multi-speciality hospital. Besides serving as a hospital, it is the prestigious medical deemed university of Kashmir valley. Soura is located near Anchar Lake. The whole western side of the area is covered by Anchar Lake. It also hosts a famous Muslim shrine known as Aasaar Sharief Jinaab Saahib which holds more than 13 holy relics.
|Union territory||Jammu and Kashmir|
|Elevation||1,592 m (5,223 ft)|
|• Official||Kashmiri, Urdu, Hindi, Dogri, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Distance from Delhi||858.9 kilometres (533.7 mi)|
|Distance from Mumbai||2,206.7 kilometres (1,371.2 mi)|
The area is considered as one of the key education centres in the city. The following is the list of colleges and schools in the area:
- Sher-i-Kashmir Institute of Medical Sciences. The institute provides post-graduate, doctoral and post-doctoral courses in multiple disciplines of medicine; and undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses in paramedical courses and nursing. 
- Government Boys Higher Secondary.
- Government Girls Higher Secondary.
- S M dedicated high school.
- Standard Public High School.
- Ramzan Memorial Educational Institute.
- Zulfkar Public High School.
- Mother Land public school.
- Iqbal Public School.
- Darul Iqra Public School.
- Metro Educational Institute.
- Mahad Al-Lugat-ul Arabia.
Besides these there are several primary and middle schools in Soura.
- "The Jammu and Kashmir Official Languages Act, 2020" (PDF). The Gazette of India. 27 September 2020. Retrieved 27 September 2020.
- "Parliament passes JK Official Languages Bill, 2020". Rising Kashmir. 23 September 2020. Retrieved 23 September 2020.
- "With a Heavy Hand, India Rides Out Kashmir's Year of Disquiet".
- "Floods in Kashmir, Army called out". The Times of India. 4 September 2006. Archived from the original on 11 January 2014.
- "Training". www.skims.ac.in. Retrieved 14 November 2020.